“Beautiful hotel :-)”

The Forbury Roseate
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Here for a business meeting, it didn't disappoint!

Staff were probably the friendliest and most helpful I have come across for a long time. Perhaps what you should expect from a hotel, however they did seem to really care and nothing was too much of a problem.

Room (17) rear facing beautifully fitted out, comfy bed, shower and big bath. Nespresso machine, fresh milk etc.

Nice touch with dvd's and books.

No air con so note that and no Gym, however there is a David Lloyd 400m away!

Bar staff fantastic and really helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BenjaminMill
There are newer reviews for The Forbury Roseate

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at this Hotel - a last minute booking, unseen and no knowledge. Usually a recipe for disaster. Not so this time. Everything was a pleasant surprise. Every process went smoothly from arrival to in-room. The rooms by the way are fabulous. Great bathroom, proper bath and shower (even nice touches like bath oil in a glass pourer), good size desk, Nespresso, choice of teas....and a comfy bed! And very friendly and efficient staff. I hope my stay was representative of the normal practice at the Forbury (right smack bang in the middle of town). If so it is a cracker!

Room Tip: Confirm it's got a bayh....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank philscottgolf
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had such an amazing night away here! As soon as we turned up, our car was parked for us and a porter insisted on carrying our bags. The receptionist was incredibly helpful! The room was amazing. We were in a junior suite which was unbelievable! Surround sound music that is played in the bathroom and a selection of gorgeous relaxing CDs. Every aspect of this room showed meticulous attention to detail and luxury living. We went and enjoyed cocktails in the cocktail bar which was amazing - abit pricey at £9 per cocktail! But the cherry martini was to die for. We ordered breakfast into the room on the next day and I've have never seen anything like it! Plate after plate of food, meat, cheese, toast, croissants, a fry up, coffee, orange juice, grapefruit juice! Amazing! We sat and watched a black and white film in our dressing gowns, whilst eating breakfast. The choice of books, DVDs and CDs are amazing! This hotel also has it's own private cinema! Where you can take a dvd and sit and watch on the big screen! Absolutely wonderful experience. A credit to the founder. Thank you to all the staff for helping us enjoy a much needed break.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for fourth or fifth time for five days. The previous times we have stayed at the hotel rooms, but this time we stayed at the Forbury apartments. When we arrived at the hotel reception we had a very warm welcome. As always the staff was very helpful and friendly. Our reservation was for a two bedroom apartment but they upgrade our stay to the fabulous Penthouse Suite!!! What should I say? Many many thanks!!!! The apartment was amazing, luxurious and very big with fantastic views of Reading from the 9th floor!!!
The Forbury is my favorite hotel in UK. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: if you have to stay for many days, the Forbury apartments is the perfect choice!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We arrived as guests for a friends wedding. As a fervent TripAdvisor contributor I was confident she would choose a lovely hotel for the day of her wedding. She did not fail.
Although we arrived early, our room was ready and we were allowed to check in. The room (28) was a lovely double room with a fabulous en suite bathroom. The room was similar to the rest of the hotel and was beautifully decorated.
The wedding party had the hotel all to itself.
They had laid out the evening reception in the basement restaurant. Food & service were excellent. The beautiful hotel just added to the atmosphere of the wedding and made for a wonderful experience.
Breakfast the following morning was one of the tastiest I have ever tasted.
I will reinforce the previous comments of the lack of air conditioning, although each room has a fan in their wardrobe. Although it was hot/humid and air conditioning much welcome it would do the hotel an injustice to mark it down for that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here because I was running a workshop in Reading the following day. I was hot and tired when I arrived and they were speedy and responsive. They parked my car, sorted my luggage and my room was really delightful.
I was on my own and the restaurant looked a bit quiet (menu looked great though) so I wandered out into the square (a few steps away) and settled down at one of the lively restaurants there. A beautiful evening so lots of buzz with people sitting outside.
The hotel were great about my car being there all day. Way beyond checkout time. And delivered it back to me facing the right way to drive off. Great service.
Only one thing. Get a room at the back of the hotel. Mine overlooked the square. On a warm sunny evening it was party time until late. Light sleepers beware!

Room Tip: See my review. Choose rooms that don't overlook the square.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann A
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived at 9pm on a hot July evening and were efficiently checked in. However, on walking into our room we were disappointed to find it very hot and stuffy. I called reception and they immediately offered us an alternative. However, although not quite as bad, this was also hot and stuffy... and off we were taken to our last option. This was a much larger room with high ceilings and our very helpful porter said that he'd arrange for an extra fan with an extension cable as there were no power sockets anywhere near the bed.

The upgraded room (18) was great as was the bathroom (although you can't turn off the heated towel rail or heated mirror). However, as well as no air con, there wasn't a single power socket other than at the desk 20 feet from the bed.

Dinner and breakfast in the hotel's restaurant were both excellent and the whole place is very stylish.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Malmaison Reading
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Stockcross

Been to The Forbury Roseate? Share your experiences!