“Warm Welcomes, Handy Location & Dedicated Staff”

Novotel Reading Centre
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I stay as a regular guest at this hotel, which as other reviewers have said is very handy to get to from Reading's main station, whilst also very convenient for the town centre's restaurant/bars, shops & nightlife.

Whilst I have grown to know the staff over the 9 months or so I have been a weekly visitor, I have observed the way the reception, restaurant & other staff treat other guests, and give them all 10/10 for professional, customer focussed and friendly service.

My particular favourites are Christian Concari the Bar Manager & Karolina Florczuk who provide an entertaining and warmly welcoming presence of an evening. That said, Auriele who regularly check me in always has a welcoming smile and personalised greeting for me.

Looking at the hotel amenities:

Rooms: Clean, comfortable and well equipped, all rooms have a connector to play your iPOD via the TV. Exec rooms also include a BOSE iPOD docking station. With a mini bar and modern clean bathroom with both shower & bath. Also personal safes are in all rooms to keep your valuables safe.

Restaurant: I tend just to eat breakfast, and dine out in the many restaurants around town. On the odd occasion I have had a bar meal it is served quickly and piping hot, as the bar & restaurant are not far apart. Food is a little pricey compared with outside, but I guess that's the same whichever hotel you eat in. Breakfast is a self service buffet with a very wide selection to choose from

Other: There is a small pool, sauna & steam room along with a gym located under the hotel. This area is very well looked after by the cleaning staff at the hotel, and has everything you would need to keep a few pounds off!

Overall, I really enjoy staying at the Novotel in Reading. I stay in many other hotels throughout the UK, including other Novotels, and some London hotels costing considerably more. The dedicated team who work here make this place stand out from the crowd and a pleasure to visit.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team (especially Karolina, Aurelie & Cristian) will be delighted to hear that you enjoy yourself in our hotel. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 27 March 2010

I stayed here for a single night business trip and it was really easy to find from the railway station and is right in the centre of Reading as the name suggests.

Asked for a quiet room,and the staff provided exactly that to wich I got a good nights sleep. Don;t know what the rooms would be like facing the main street, maybe a bit noisier.

Breakfast was included and was very substantial, and again the rooms were very nice with an really strange design. Bath/SHower Sink in an almost Japanese-esqe ante-room off the bedroom, with the toilet in its own room beside the door.

I would say this is the best hotel around for anyone doing business in Reading, and along with its pool and fitness centre, gives everything anyone could need to relax after a hard day

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2010

Thank you for your good review. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 14 March 2010

Very enjoyable stay, modern, clean hotel and friendly helpful staff. Comfortable rooms, comfortable bed, nice and quiet. Loation is in the heart of Reading very close to shops and railway station. Parking is not included so you have to park in the nearby NCP carpark which is OK. Hotel has a small number of spaces ( charged. ). My advice is park in the NCP carpark as hotel parking probably not available. The reception can stamp your car park ticket which means you will pay £10 - so don't do this unless your fee will be more than £10 !

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
NovReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Reading, I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2010

I needed to have some time away to relax and just look after myself. Due to the great location went shopping (therapeutic) and just relaxed and spend time with myself. Staff very helpful, rooms spotless, bed very comfortable and decor very pleasing to the eye.I would recommend this Hotel to anybody.
Fitness center really good.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Tiane58
NovReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2010

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 18 February 2010

I travel to Reading regularly for business and pleasure (visit family/friends) and this is the first time I've stayed at the Novotel there. I arrived to a very warm and friendly welcome from professional staff. The lobby/reception area is bright and contemporary. I was very impressed with the accommodations. The bedroom was bright, spacious, very comfortable and modern. The bathroom was compact, but extremely well designed and appointed with everything you'd need. Hot, powerful shower in its own modern/white tiled cubicle separate from the bath, did not disappoint. The toilet is in a separate room, which is a thoughtful tough to the room design. The room temperature could be controlled by the guest. It was very hot on arrival, but when turned down it quickly became comfortable. Can not complain about this hotel at all. Will definitely stay there again, and again.. The value for money is impressive, especially when you take into consideration the facilities, room comfort, amenities and location. Great for business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted
Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 9 February 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Novotel Reading for one night to visit some friends. The hotel is very central located halfway between Reading station and Highstreet. The check in was very friendly and efficient and the room was ready although we arrived early at 11am. Our superior room which was equipped with a flatscreen TV, minibar and sofa was very comfortable, quiet and spotless clean.To our liking: The very modern and stylish bathroom with a bathtub and shower was separate to the toilet. The breakfast buffet offered a wide range of food and drinks.( fresh orange and grapefruit juice). I really loved the smoothie served in a small glass.The restaurant staff was very attentive and quick. We will definately return in the close future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay ih my hotel, I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Novotel. The location was perfect - only a short walk from the shops and the nightlife which is just what we wanted.

If we can get a good rate again we will definitely stay here next time we go to Reading - we got this room for £69 including breakfast (full English, which was divine). The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The pool looked nice, unfortunately we forgot to take our swimming gear, but it looked appealing so remember your costume!

Parking was less than we expected, we paid about £10 in the NCP behind the hotel (Garrard Street multistorey) for the duration of our stay, probably about 20 hours.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip.