Novotel Reading Centre
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$82
US$77
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
US$68
PremierInn.com
1,297 results
All reviewsseparate toiletwash your handstrain stationcar parkexecutive roomswimming poolfriar streetsteam room and saunahigh floorthe sofa bedcentral locationleisure facilitiesearly checkbars and restaurantssaturday nightlocation is excellentcentre of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed at the Novotel for 3 nights with a coach party, and was impressed with this very modern, recently refurbed hotel. It does have a rather minimalistic, clinical feel about it, and I never spoke to a member of staff that was from the UK, so occasionally there was a problem with language. We were on the 6th of 13 floors and the room had the best beds I have ever slept in in a hotel..3/4 size in a twin room.Rather odd, square polyester pillows that made you sweat in the 32 degree heat we had at the time were not helped by the air con which was not very effective. The hotel did give us a fan, which was a relief. There was very little space in which to put your clothes. Breakfast was very good, but dinner was dreadful most of the time, so a few ate out. On the first evening, most were returning the bread rolls as they were stale. There was tuna and sweetcorn and a bowl of green leaves for starters and most were disappointed that soup was never offered.After dinner, there were very few comfortable seats in the bar, so there was no socialising- people went to the supermarket to buy drinks and nibbles to take to their rooms. The main complaint was the location of the hotel. There are benches outside, the weather was very warm, but we were constantly accosted by beggars,one of whom was rather scary. The street was a main gathering place for young drinkers on their way to clubs and bars, so was very rowdy into the early hours and the area was awash with fast food litter and cans each morning before it was cleaned.After dinner was always a problem with where we could go for the rest of the evening.This hotel is ok for a couple of nights, but is geared to business people.The location was dreadful.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank Mancolass
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Reading Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about your dinner, which we are addressing with our Chef. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Could not recommend this hotel higher - it was beautiful, so clean, staff were so friendly from the moment we arrived - the swimming pool was beautiful & sauna lovely. The rooms were gorgeous, roomy & the beds really comfortable. We had a brillant stay at the hotel, would absolutely recommend it to anyone - great value for money & the icing on the cake was the 5pm check out on Sunday!! The late check out made our weekend, it made it a much longer break & much more relaxed!! We will definitely stay here next time we go to Reading!!

My one grip was a minor one - but we both had to present our cards on the way back into the hotel on saturday night - we had been out & my friend couldn't find hers in her bag. I understand this is a security measure, but surely if you are with someone who has a card than that should be enough - I imagine it could get very embarrassing for young couples!! Surely if you have paid for the room & are with someone that has a card that should be enough?

However that is only a minor comment - I honestly could not recommend this hotel more, it was absolutely fantastic!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. Very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. You can be sure that your constructive feedback has been taken on board and we will fine tune our strong security procedures. Look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 8 June 2010

I've enjoyed the Novotel in the past. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet is very nice. However, there were several issues with service that negatively impacted my visit during this trip. It was warm in Reading and the maintenance person did not adjust the thermostat on the air conditioning so that the rooms were too hot to allow for sleep. The person who refilled the mini-bar accidentally left the door of the mini-bar open which spoiled medication that needed to be refrigerated. On my last day, the housekeeper walked into my room at 8 in the morning, disturbing me when I was in the bathroom. This created unnecessary stress and I probably won't stay at the Novotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DuvallDana
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2010

Dear DuvallDana,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry on this occasion that you were disappointed with the service during your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and can assure you the matter is being looked in to and has been be dealt with accordingly.
I am aware that my Rooms Manager has spoken to you during your stay but please feel free to contact me on +44 798 413 2930 to discuss this further. The Team and I would really like to restore your confidence by welcoming you back in our hotel. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stay at this hotel for family wedding,really happy when we go to the reception we can check in early, because we are three hours early. We thought if we can't check in early we gonna just borrow the gym changing room, because we have to go to chuch service at one o'clock, and the chuch where we are going was just walk a short distance from the hotel, very pleased with that.

And we go to our room, very amazed ,clean,tidy,kingsize bed and sofa bed,air condtioner and etc everything we need,especially for our little one he had good night sleep after tiring day.
And we order room service the food was very tasty hotel price but its worth it, breadfast is
nice a lot of choice buffet style and fruit,will come again next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2010

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Reading. I look forward to welcoming you back in Novotel Reading Centre. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern

Reviewed 23 May 2010

lovely hotel had a very nice time breakfast very good parking at hotel a bit expensive .

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
NovoReading, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2010

Glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Jean-Philippe Kern