“Excellent budget hotel”

Ibis Reading Centre
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here on a recent Sunday night. All I ask of a hotel is that it's clean and quiet and this ticked both boxes. Decor is modern and basic, and there wasn't much natural light due to the small window, but these are not serious problems for short stays in my book. The only grouse I'd have was that the towels were a bit war and had indelible stains of some kind of them (although they were perfectly clean and hygienic otherwise). Opted out of the breakfast as I think £8 is a bit steep, but there are plenty of options in town. Overall however, this is an excellent budget hotel with a great central location, and I'd definitely stay here if I came to Reading again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Mr Carter
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Reading

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Room is clean and bed is comfortable. Good for those who are on budget. Very friendly check in staff at the reception. Walking distance to Reading train station. Hotel is in town area. Oracle shopping mall and a lot of restaurants are nearby.

Dear Eve Tour

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very friendly staff. Room very clean and tidy with a good shower. Excellent location for shops and nightlife, close to train station.

The self service breakfast was very reasonable and included a selection of cereals, croissants and hot food with fruit juices, tea and coffer

I have based my comments on the cost per night and my expectations were more than exceeded.

Thank-you

Room Tip: Stayed on high floor to ensure quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Reading Centre.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Nice Ibis with central location.
Typical Ibis rooms so you know what to expect. Airco which was a great plus during the heat wave. Hotel reception welcoming as per updated Ibis standards. If driving in, be sure to ask the hotel beforehand for directions to the public car park where they have a deal with. No parking directly at hotel and no directions as to where to go, which got a bit confusing. Ask for a higher room as they will have better views

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nathalie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Reading Centre very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed for one night this week. Check in staff were very friendly and gave me a top floor room quiet room when I requested it. The room was very clean and comfortable and the ac worked well. I did not have dinner and breakfast was non descript which was to be expected. However at £75 for the room it is excellent value compared to the Premier Inn. Interestingly the Ibis is right next door to the Novotel so the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors where it is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean_Reynolds
AnneDubruille, General Manager at Ibis Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Sean Reynolds

We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis hotel Reading Centre.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

stayed the night here and hotel is at ibis standards. shower works well room is clean. location is right in the tow centre though a but hard to get to if you are driving as the street in front is closed for private cars. would book again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis hotel Reading Centre.