I stayed one night due to a business meeting in Reading. In summary:
1) Location. It's opposite the railway station, which is a 30min commute into London. Served this purpose perfectly.
2) Pleasant welcome and service. No issues getting the room or a drink early morning before leaving.
3) Rooms were spacious & well laid out. The bed was comfortable, shower had plenty of hot water and all the basic amenities were in the room. I didn't see an issue with the number of channels on the TV.
4) I didn't use the restaurant or bar. But it looked busy enough and while I was located at the front of the hotel, the noise level wasn't a problem.
5) WIFI worked without issues in the room.
1) The hotel was a little "worn" in places, this being most evident on the carpets, elevators and several walls. It could do with some basic renovation work.
2) Rooms were well lit overall & comfortable. But there were dark spots, particularly around the desk/cupboards. So if you want to work, take your own light with you! Also, when entering the room, the card slot to activate the light wasn't next to the entrance door. So you had to grope around in the dark for a minute in order to locate it. Annoying.
3) It was 150 GBP room only. This appears a little expensive all considered.
4) Breakfast starts at 6.30am. I would have assumed that many of the guests would be commuting into London for flights etc...either way, seemed a little late to start for breakfast.
Overall it was a satisfactory stay. No major issues and very comfortable room. I would use again if I needed to be in Reading, although I wouldn't recommend to friends etc for personal use at 150 GBP per night (room only).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brief encounter, that fleeting glance from across the platform, a longing to be with the one you shouldn't...Meet me outside the station at this gloriously converted rail hotel. You shouldn't have this much fun so close to Heathrow, but you will at Mal. You shouldn't find a train set in your room, or a bath big enough for two, for that matter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Reading reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Reading Hotel Reading
- Malmaison Hotel Reading
- Reading Malmaison Hotel