1,153 results
All reviewswooden bathmallard suiteorient expressflying scotsmantrain stationlow lightinghuge bathroomsuperior roomreading stationmini barncp car parkcooked breakfastan upgradesaturday nightfantastic staylovely roombar area
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I stay here regularly when I'm visiting out Reading offices. Recently service from staff has been functional, minimal. And the wifi was so slow that it was virtually unusable. Although I prefer the rooms to the dull Novotel round the corner, that's where I'm staying next time. Wifi provision these days needs to be good and fast for guests!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

me and my wife went to malmaison reading for our 1st wedding anniversry,form arriving at reception to the moment we departed we wene made to feel most welcome by staff and manager,room we styed in was excellent, big comfy beds, big bath and twin shower facillties,compplement fruits basket for us,next day breakfast was excellent staff was very helpfully,one word to all staff and manager thank you very much for make our wedding anniversry Special..16.12.2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had our Christmas works do here last night, and the food was nice, but the bar staff and waitresses were so rude.

The waitress was pouring the wine for us, from bottles they kept at the bar, and I asked for my wine glass to be filled as the waitress walked past (my glass was completely empty) and she said "I have done wine for this table and walked off. So Rude

As i walked to the loos, I accidentally spilt some wine. A passing waiter sad very sarcastically, "thanks for that sir, now I will have to clean that in the morning!" staggering rudeness.

And to top is all, we as a company had booked the room for the whole night, having spent a huge amount of money, at 2pm they turned of the music, turned on the lights and a waiter shouted, right time for everyone to go to your rooms. We were dumbfounded. All hotel parties have been to they stay open all night, or at least until 4am.

Take my advice, and walk past this hotel, and never go in. I certainly wont be ever again, and neither will anyone from our company

Room Tip: to choose a good room, go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank jammey_dodger
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Visited Reading today for some some Xmas shopping with my Wife. Visited Malmaison Reading for a beer and a cocktail - nice relaxing surroundings etc, a nice treat to ourselves, pleasant surroundings etc. Was spoilt by the fact that for us, irritating rap music was been imposed upon us and could see that it was also causing an affect upon other clientel. I had a polite word with the guy behind the bar. His response was that all music is centrally controlled and he can do nothing about it. Once I had returned to my seat the "music" had been ramped up, at which point my wife and I finished our drinks and left. Such a shame as being local we had earmarked this as a suitable hotel for passing friends to stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Well located next to Reading station, has a great boutique atmostphere, rooms are different to anything you will get from another hotel chain, good service all around, and pricing was reasonable as well. My only gripe as a business traveller is that my room didn't have a trouser press. I cannot understand why all middle to up market hotels in today's age do not have them in every room. I've had one at home for over 20 years now.

Having said that, many, many other hotels are in the same situation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business