Malmaison Reading
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$120
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$100
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$107
Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$117
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,117 results
All reviewswooden bathmallard suiteorient expressflying scotsmanopposite the train stationlow lightingsuperior roomreading stationhuge bathroommini barncp car parkcooked breakfastsaturday nightan upgradebar arealovely roomtown centre
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The location is perfect - close to the train station and buses. The major downside is the poor lighting in the rooms. The hotel room walls are dark, the furniture is dark, and the lamps are very low light. The second major downside is the poor internet connection. It is nearly impossible to get online, until after 10:30 pm.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly478
Richard L, General Manager at Malmaison Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Kelly478

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our location, especially if you are traveling in or out of Reading by train is fantastic!

I’m sorry however to read that you found the room too dark. We are a dark and warm brand and this is not to everyone’s taste, we are also looking at plans to increase the amount of lighting in some key areas of the hotel.

Regarding the internet, the speed of this service has had some recent work to improve the Wi-Fi speed in the hotel we are also having a new fibre optic line installed very soon, this will make significant improvements to our Wi-Fi speed. In the meantime if you are using a laptop and have any issues please do let us know and we can provide a hard line for the bedroom.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Over priced, rushed out of the restaurant even though it wasn't busy, rooms far to dark unless u bring white clothes. No room service and rude staff when I rung down to reception. Beds uncomfortable. Orderd flowers and Champaign to bed left in room on arrival and neither of them was there when we arrived, rooms to dry when using air con but far to hot when not. Extra charges applied to breakfast because we wanted a full English. Rooms to dark as everything is black on black. From the wallpaper to wardrobes.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank alexperkins1234

Dear alexperkins 1234

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I’m very sorry to read that your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectation. I was also surprised that you believed the staff to be rude as this was not something you mentioned during your discussion with my Reception Manager on check-out. I believe that he also explained that the reason the flowers where not in the room on your arrival was because you checked-in early and hence our florists were working to a 3pm regular check-in time that was later that the early check-in time we honoured you.

I’m sorry that you didn’t find the decor and finishes in the suite to your taste and as I’m sure you experienced Mal is a dark and warm brand and this is not to everyone’s taste.

One correction I do have to make is that we do provide room service, this is not however complimentary as we do charge a tray charge fee.

Once again, I do apologise that you did not enjoy your experience at Malmaison.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I needed a comfy place near Reading railway station and this was ideal - great location, friendly and helpful staff, quick check-in, and comfortable and well-equipped rooms. My room could have been better illuminated, that was the only thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear OmanTom

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased to read that you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison, Reading again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Opposite the main train station so ideally located for train users. Not ideal for drivers. It's in the heart of Reading so lots of shops and food available nearby.

I have had 3 seperate stays at this hotel paid for by my company and the room I was given in my 2nd visit was by far the more spacious one on the first floor. It is generally very clean and comfortable with adequate recources.

The internet speed is appalling and the choice of channels on tv not too high.

Good modern design with very well mannered and polite staff.

4/5 from me and would go again. To get 5/5 I'd need better car parking facilities.

Room Tip: The room I had on the first floor was much bigger and more spacious than the rooms I had on 3rd and 4th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear IndianaB0nes

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. Please do let us know if there is a specific room you prefer and where possible we will allocate this room for your next stay!

Regarding the Wi-Fi our IT team have recently improved the speed and capacity of the Wi-Fi and we are having a new incoming fibre optic line installed this month to provide us with a further increase in capacity and speed.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Reading again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Have stayed many times in Malmaison on business and have enjoyed my stays every time. Luxury bathrooms and beds and have stayed in some of the suites and they are truly amazing. Great breakfast and only a minute from Reading Railway Station and the bus link to Heathrow.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear scotland007

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased to read that you have found our suites to be amazing!

Having the RailAir Heathrow express coach leaving from literally just outside the hotel is definitely a real bonus if you are coming in or leaving to Heathrow airport!

Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison, Reading again soon.