“"Outstanding"”

Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Reading
London
“"Outstanding"”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have been in many hotels when sent on company training or business trips but for the treatment I have received in this hotel it's one of the best.The room was very clean,very smart and modern,aircon,work desk,free wi-fi , staff are very friendly and welcoming,breakfast was nice. Just go through an alley way at the back of the hotel to park your car ,you can also access the hotel from the back to get to reception and the rest is perfect.

I loved my stay in this hotel I've booked a room at the rear , it was very peaceful and the walk on the lake was a big bonus after a tired day.

I'm coming back again , DEFINITELY!! Thank you very much Thameside hotel.

Room Tip: Don't let the front of the hotel, or the location being next to the road disappoint you.Windows...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Wasnt too sure what to expect as i booked online and you never know but when i arrived the staff was very friendly. They showed me to my room which was bigger than i thought. I thought that i would try eating in rather than going out and could ne beleive the menu that they served. I had the steak with king prawns for starters!

Staff is very friendly and could not do more for me. Would recommend this to anyone that is on buiness as the wifi is free and worked perfectly at the desk in my room.

Will stay again for sure. Thx

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Nottingham
Reviewed 30 April 2012

i have stayed in load of Hotel ,but staying at Thameside Hotel was one of the best says i would rate 10+

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was looking forward to visiting this hotel after reading the trip advisor reviews and seeing the photos. However, when I was shown to my room, I was very disappointed. Everything (including the bathroom) was very tired looking and seemed hard-used (to be honest I decided to wait until I got home to take a shower). For example, he blinds were bent on the windows and the gap between the desk and the floor had large amounts of dirt and what appeared to be someone's lost vitamin or medication.

However, what was really upsetting to me was the night's sleep (as I was staying at the hotel before a conference). When I pulled back the duvet, the top quarter of the mattress was exposed, as the bed sheet was not covering it. The main problem with the bed however was the quality of the sheets - I could not sleep during the night because of how scratchy and itchy they were (perhaps they were over-starched?). In addition to this, the windows did not keep out the noise of the street below.

The owners seemed very friendly, although I am always unimpressed (and slightly worried) when I am made to pay the bill in full upon check-in. I also had a problem with the security door from the parking lot (had to wait and keep ringing the button for several minutes), but after a brief few moments of panic, somebody heard us and let us in!

The bed situation really upset me a lot and is the major reason that I moved the hotel down from a rating of 3 to 2.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank courtneyuk
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stay 5 days in March for business.
Good hotel, quiet rooms large enough (maybe the bed was too warm - I woke up in the morning two times).
Very good continental AND english breakfast plus wi-fi internet with no extra price as previously stated on Internet site (sometimes hotels give surprises).
I'll sure be again there if I have to come back to Reading.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Travelled here on a business trip. I'd had a fairly terrible day and was keen to check into my hotel and chill. I was initally suspicious from the outside as it doesn't look all that, but once I was checked in to my room I was delighted. The room was modern and clean, and a lot bigger than I expected. I ordered room service and the quality of service I had was better than in some restaurants. I ordered soup and the chicken; they actually brought it to my room one course at a time, which I've never had before from room service. Clever idea! The food itself was lovely, especially the homemade leek and potato soup. I then treated myself to a long soak in the good sized bath and crawled into a very comfortable bed. Slept like a log! Decent breakfast in the morning as well. All of this was topped by some of the best service I've experienced in a business focused hotel. I'll be using this hotel again without a doubt and I've already recommended it to my colleagues

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We'd left it late to book two nights so our options were limited but thankfully we had or we would have missed out! The staff couldn't have been more friendly, the rooms were spacious and very clean and the breakfast was great. All round good value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family