Thameside Hotel
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Restaurant
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$146
Official Site
Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$96
CrownePlaza.com
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$115
Travelocity
US$74
US$67
All reviewsair conreading festivalsmall hoteltrouser pressbed was very comfortablereading stationplenty of hot waterexcellent staythames
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have worked in Reading for a year, and stayed in this Hotel for a few days each week. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is excellent. The position of the hotel is great, regardless of whether you are looking for a place to stay for business or pleasure as its only 10 minutes walk from Reading train station and a further 5 minutes to the Oracle shopping centre.

The local area is lovel on the back of the river Thames, and has some lovely restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walk if you did want to go outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel unlike some in the area, also have air conditioning units for the summer.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I am on a business trip and I will not be returning or recommending this hotel to anyone.

Was greeted at the counter and swiftly got told someone else will deal with us upon checking in. Was handed a document to sign that was covered in coffee stains and absolutely disgusting. Was given no information of when breakfast was or even how to get to the room.

Got to the room and it was dirty. The spot light in the ceiling was hanging down dangerously. The shower was not great, very small and not clean. There wasn't even a toilet roll holder.

I will certainly not be coming back and I would advise everyone else to stay at the Crowne Plaza at the end of the road

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
thamesreading, Manager at Thameside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your visit. Your comments about our Hotel is much appreciated. Our commitment at the Thameside Hotel is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us.

You did have a very late checkin, in the case all room information is not expressed by our night staff everything is available inside the keycard wallet provided, and in our room information books. This includes Breakfast times and other key services.

Our aim is to make the check-in as smooth as possible regardless of time of arrival.

The reviewer below is from the same booking agency and has stayed with us week on week so there seems to be a complete polarisation in experiences which we find quite dramatic. As we operate 24 hours we have staff ready to assist with any queries and nothing was expressed during your stay.

We do not claim to be the Crowne Plaza this is reflected in our competitive pricing which includes complimentary Breakfast , wifi & parking. We have operated a successful business for over 38 years working with all the major telecoms , goverment rail and technology companies in and outside of Reading. Some have used us regularly stay for over 18 years.

Kind regards,

Julie

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stay here on a weekly basis and can personally say you will not be disappointed. From the outside it looks like a average B & B, but believe me, once your inside you become overwhelmed with executive rooms and a fine dining restaurant. The personal service from the owners and staff add to comfortable yet exquisite environment around you. The rooms are very spacious with a large bathroom all fitted to very high standard. The bed does not want to let you get up in the morning coz it is so comfortable. I would totally recommend to anyone to try this hotel, like I said you will not be disappointed..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin S
thamesreading, Manager at Thameside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Justin S, Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on tripadvisor.I am delighted to

hear that you enjoyed the special touches and most of all our food and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind Regards

Julie

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The room was clean,comfortable, with good facilities as well as being one of the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel bed! I stayed on the first floor in what appeared to be a newly renovated room of contemporary design. The staff in this charming family run hotel is most excellent, so personable, attentive, polite with a wonderful welcoming warmth. Nothing seems too much trouble and even when I requested home made porridge for breakfast made with water and cranberries...., unfazed by my request....that's what I received, and quickly too! The wifi connection is a bonus if, like me, you needed to complete work in the room. The parking at the rear is another plus. If you are bored of staying in a big chain hotel and want a clean, comfortable room with a splendid atmosphere and fabulous staff that provide a personal touch, I highly recommend the Thameside Hotel, Reading. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: First floor at the rear of hotel, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Overall a nice experience. Food is good so is the service. Room was reasonably comfortable and staff went out of ther way to accommodate my requests. Would defend tally recommend this hotel for a good service and attentive staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family