“Great local place, great curry!”

Miah's - Garden of Gulab
Ranked #19 of 658 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$49 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family live nearby and we have been eating here for years. Mr Miah and his staff are very experienced and we like to support Mr Miah's restaurants.

Great curry and good service.

1  Thank Hazel R

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having visited this restaurant twice I have found the staff to be extremely polite, helpful and very professional. The food was delicious. I am pleased to see it doing so well on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend came here for dinner on a sunday evening, it wasn't very busy when we first got there so we were seated quickly. The food was served fast and was delicious, definitely one of the best indians I've had. The staff were also incredibly friendly. At the end of our meal we were given complimentary drinks, my gf a baileys and me a brandy, she was also given a rose, so definitely a great experience all round! Will return here again for sure!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The restaurant was very quiet due to people watching the world cup that evening. The poppadums and 6 sauces / chutneys were excellent – but that was the only food that was. The king prawn starter was very tasty but running in oil – far too much oil. My main course of lamb shank was tasty but the lamb was warm but not hot - when previously cooked a part of it had been allowed to dry out. The service was good but – there were only three tables of customers - by 21.30 it was dark outside and no atmosphere inside partly due to the fact that the staff had been ordered to not light the candles on the tables that were unoccupied so it felt like the staff were waiting for the remaining guests to go home. The wine was good and overall the value for money was OK but it was disappointing to see that they were decorating and had failed to complete the work – such that polly-filler was visible in many places; in my view it should have be filled, rubbed down and painted the same day; or don't sit guests where you are decorating! I enjoyed the background music. My overall experience was OK and on this experience I could only rate the restaurant as average. Cost for one person including a bottle of wine £57

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just got back in from a wonderful meal in the above restaurant. Having looked on here for recommendations following a visit to Royal Ascot up popped Miah's on the Wokingham Road, Reading. On arrival me and my friend were greeted by very friendly staff who promptly served us poppadums' and a beverage. We both ordered a mixed starter and I have to say it was fantastic. It consisted of a large Onion Bahji, chicken tikka and sheek kebab, it was served with salad and lots of fried onions.
For the main I ordered the lamb shank which was served with basmati rice and naan. This is one of the nicest Indian meals I have ever eaten, cooked to perfection with a wonderful variety of spices. My friend had Chicken Tikka Achar Masala with chips and he also raved about his meal, I did have a little taste and have to say it was lovely and very spicy.

On another point the service was excellent and Islam (of the waiters) was very helpful and couldn't do enough for you. There were also a few nice touches at the end of the meal with a small whiskey and an orange chocolate both served.

If I back in this area I WILL be visiting the restaurant again and couldn't recommended it highly enough. Top meal!!!