“Friday Night Curry”

Ranked #139 of 620 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Contemporary, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Friday Night Curry”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit, it's a nice restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere, the staff are very friendly and the food was excellent,

3 Thank Martin J

Guildford
“Great things come in small packages”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

On a recent visit to the De Vere Wokefield Park we arrived late afternoon and decided instead of staying and having food there we'd scan Tripadvisor for the local Indian restaurants.

We decided to visit the Bahgecha around 5:30pm when they were just opening for the evening buffet session.

As we opened the door we were greeted pleasantly by the staff where they sat my wife and I at a table that we could also fit a pushchair with my 6 month old son in.

We were prompt bought a drinks menu and were given time to decide our choice.
My wife had a small glass of house red wine and I had a glass of tap water as I was driving.

Once our drinks were bought to us we were told about buffet for £10.50 per person, which included popadums, mains and desserts.
There was a good choice of mains and also side dishes such as Bombay aloo, Saag aloo and onion bhajis.

Once I'd collected my rather large plate of food I was asked if I'd like a naan to go with my main, I ordered a peshwari naan which arrived swiftly.

Both the main and naan were hot and lovely, so much so I had seconds.

Throughout the meal the staff where very helpful and courteous and would ask if it was ok and if there was anything..........but not to the point where they kept interrupting our meal.

After both my wife and I had eaten plenty we decided to ask for the bill as our son was also getting tired and grouchy, it came quickly and with a couple after eight mints (my favourite)

After looking at the bill I was very happily surprised as it was ONLY £24 for everything (thought that the naan bread would not have been included)

Unfortunately in our rush to get our son back to our hotel and to bed we'd forgotten to leave at tip.

Should anyone from the Bahgecha read this review I do apologies for forgetting a tip but hope this review is better and brings you more customers.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Lotuslad
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Tasty :-)”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

On a holiday trip in the area and fancied an Indian meal! Looked for closest on tripadvisor but decided to come here due to consistent reviews.

Enjoyed our meal! Service was good, just the right amount, some places you go to you and constantly interrupted, but this restaurant has it just right.

Food was tasty, I asked for a vegetable tikka masala which is not on the venue and they were happy to make it and it was very nice! My partner had chicken biryani and he enjoyed that too!

Reasonably priced as well! Would recommend to anyone visiting the area!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank H0llieMC
Reading
“At last a good restaurant in Burghfield”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have used this restaurant for many years now and agree that the quality of food is always consistent both in the restaurant and takeaways. No matter what size party we book a table for the customer service and quality of food are always of a very high standard.
I have tried other Indian restaurants around the local area and nothing compares, particularly the banquet meal that this restaurant offer on a Wednesday evening its great value for money, freshly cooked to order and no difference in the quality of the dishes.

The manager and his staff are all very welcoming and very flexible to meet any needs. It's great to see this restaurant so busy and I will continue to recommend to anyone and everyone!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank lolz32
Reading, United Kingdom
“Consistently good food and service”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

You will see reviews praising the Bahgecha for its quality cuisine and attentive service but for us the reason we frequent this restaurant is consistency.
Restaurants change owners, rotate chefs and update menus all of which can manifest in varying levels of food quality, staffing and service. But in all the years we have been eating at the Bagecha we have seen variations in menu and decor but never in quality of food and commitment to customer service. This has allowed us to take friends, family and colleagues to the Bagecha with a high degree of confidence that we will always have a good evening, and we always do.
Before you run away with the impression that I am somehow connected with the Bahgecha - I'm not! - I must mention one negative that has been consistent in its persistence and irritation. The lighting in their restaurant is set low which I presume is meant to create some kind of mood or atmosphere...it doesn't. All it achieves is to make reading some parts of the menu well nigh impossible and our occasional feedback to fix the problem has obviously fallen on deaf ears. But once you've ordered just sit back an enjoy an excellent meal!

Visited December 2013