“Recommended”
Review of Bel and The Dragon

Bel and The Dragon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel and The Dragon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 625 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reading, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

A good menu without being extensive. Food choice is good for most tastes. Prices are at the high end for a place of this type but not prohibitive. Good service.

Visited February 2014

Reading, United Kingdom
“Very over priced for poor food”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went to the bell and dragon for a birthday meal around 12 of us went,nice looking restaurant high class menu, we all had the garlic bread where you spread your own garlic on the bread(was awful) all of the party weren't impressed then paid £28 each for a fillet steak (the same size as a burger and an inch thick came with 12 thrice cooked chips.was very average food for stupid money it's a shame when you leave with a empty wallet and just as hungry as when you arrive.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Tanker1989
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Thought would be more WOW”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

First visit. Sadly disappointed. Calamari was ok, just ok. Mussels came with toasted bread which isn't bread as detailed in menu, when asked for more bread it was drizzled in oil. I'd rather eat food than admire it. Didn't realise until we got to till we'd been charged £2 for bread. They took it off the bill though.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rowills
London, United Kingdom
“Had a warm & nice luncheon there”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just been here today for lunch with friends.. I strongly suggest to book the seat before coming to avoid disappointment... Firstly when I entered the venue, I was amazed with the decoration... It is very warm but sophisticated on the otherhand... The friendly staff lead us to our tables which is a really comfy look...they even put couple of pillows! I end up order marinated & chargrilled sirloin steak for my main course, and sharing macaroni & cheese with friends... +I request my steak to be cooked medium rare...and When I tried my steak... It was melt in my mouth! That's a really good luncheon experience especially in Reading where not many places serve sirloin steak like that.. The portion of the steak is quite big for me, approximately 220gr so I was struggle to finish that (usually i always go for the 150gr steak only, but they dont have that option).... After finish our main course, I ordered a dessert: Warm Gooey Choco Brownie... And i wasnt make a mistake! The dessert was excellent as well!!! The hot brownie meet the cold creme fraiche gave a desirable sensation in my mouth..for overall, It was a really pleasant luncheon while I stay in UK... The staffs are friendly and helpful (they keep our coats while we're eating), the ambience are good and suitable for both families or friends, the location is exciting (wish its not really cold outside, i would love to have lunch outside...maybe on summer?) and the price is fair lah... Four stars for Bel and the Dragon....

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dinda W
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, mediocre food”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Meeting a friend for lunch but a little disappointed that such a great place should serve pretty run of the mill food. Watery, tasteless whitebait that I did send back, amazing spicy parsnip soup with honey and lack lustre blackberry and apple crumble... Perhaps the recent floods have affected the kitchen as there seemed to be a watery theme to the cooking! Not bad service but omitted a course so a little wait to catch up with my friend. No bread to munch on in between and when it came with the other order of mussels it was either toasted or drizzled in oil ( extra slice of bread £2!) Soda with lime... Bill £44.22 even with 1 starter and bread taken off. Too expensive really

1 Thank Ochre999