“Very Good food - supervision & service variable”
Review of Prezzo - Reading

Prezzo - Reading
Ranked #94 of 637 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very good food - the taste and presentation has improved since my last visit in January. The starters on the Lunchtime menu provide generous portions and a good variety to select from.
Having pre-booked and requested a table in the main restaurant I was disappointed to arrive and find my party seated in a small back room area - not in the main restaurant as requested. As regards service - It took far too long for the menus to be provided and for orders to be taken even thought it was not very busy. However, in the latter stages of the meal the service improved considerably.
There appeared to be no manager clearly in evidence walking round and noticing what was happening re service and to address issues. I may return but need to be sure that the overall operation matches the quality food.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I visited as part of a group of 16 for my two sisters birthdays, one was celebrating their 21st. This was from start to finish a really poor experiance.
To start with the tables were wonky, small thing but annoys me. Drink orders were never delivered - one order we were told was waiting on their bar for 45 minutes that the waiteress just forgot about despite us asking. The staff forgot to inform us that they had run out of spagetti, in an italian?!, and served all dishes with Penne pasta, we we served with with a 'your take it' attitude and as we had already wwaited so long we had to out of hunger. One of our party didnt get thier order, another got totally the wrong dish, no spagetti and meatballs instead of the bolognaise they ordered, what Italian cannot serve a spagetti bolognaise?! After the long time waiting for food and drinks the bill also had to be recalculated several times due to errors made by their staff.
I would never recomend this establishment to anyone.
Terrible all round!

2  Thank Sc0tt1988
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Company get together one weekday evening, I would say disappointing, but in all honesty I've never been impressed by any Prezzo I've ever been to, some mediocre as expected.

Service was "East European blunt" with the occasional smile from the more experienced staff, however the inexperience did show through as when a drink was spilled over me when sitting at the table, to which there was an apology, but no obvious sign of recompense from the staff or management. Totally unacceptable.

Even this I would have put up with if the food had been good, but it wasn't. The taste was OK but far from great, and the portions of toppings were meagre to say the least, smear of Goat's Cheese on some French Bread for a starter, and some scraps of Prawn on a large bland pizza, scattered with Rocket.

I really wouldn't want to go back there. Even if I wasn't landed with a dry cleaning bill at the end of it.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fast efficient service, attentive staff and consistently good food.
Central location - good for quick snack or large parties. The staff go out of their way to help.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited last week as part of a colleagues leaving do . The staff were all very welcoming although due to the size of the party we couldnt all sit on one table . The food was traditional chain type italian that arrived hot and tasty . The house red wine was quitre good value .