“Wow burger! Convenient pit stop”

Pitcher & Piano - Reading
Ranked #134 of 623 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reading, United Kingdom
“Wow burger! Convenient pit stop”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just wanted to quickly write in favour of the wow burger. The first time we ate here I made the error of ordering the chilli dog. It would have been fine if not for my food envy of the wow burger. therfore when we returned we both had the wow burger with its tower of breaded mushrooms, cheese, burger, salad, pickle and so on with a side of chips. It's is juicy and more-ish.

• Visited June 2014
Tori Y, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Reading, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food so much you came back to see us! I'm glad you enjoyed the Wow Burger, we do pride ourselves on our burgers which are homemade on site every day. I will pass your complements onto my chefs. I hope you come back and visit us again soon and maybe sample our "Burger of the Week"!
Tori

Reading, United Kingdom
“Best bar in Reading”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Always our first port of call in Reading for drinks and for food. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, with attentive and efficient staff.
The bar itself is open plan giving it a light modern feel, helped by the contemporary decor. Sampling the cocktail menu is a must, the Gin Garden Martini's being my personal preference. If you are hungry the giant fish finger buttie definitely hits the spot and comes with a gorgeous chunky tartare sauce.
I feel just as comfortable coming here with my husband as I do the girlies, or with the family for a roast on Sunday- an all round good bar Reading is lucky to have!

• Visited June 2014
Tori Y, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Reading, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very glad that you enjoy your visits to the bar and trying our cocktails, the Gin Garden Martini is also one of my favourites! My staff and I always aim to provide great service and products to our customers and I am happy to hear that you appreciate our efforts! We all look forward to seeing you again. Tori
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely leather settees - less lovely food”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A relaxing place to lunch, in that there were not many people there so we had a good choice of seating. Very friendly, helpful barman. Decent choice of beers - not extensive but fine. Lunch menu reads well but food was very ordinary and we struggled to find anything light without mayo (theirs is non free-range egg which we cannot bring ourselves to eat). Barman tried his hardest to cope with our picky requests. Food was expensive too. I'd go back for a beer-and-read-the-paper session but not eat there.

• Visited May 2014
Tori Y, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Reading, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we value all feedback as it allows us to improve on areas where customers feel we have let them down. I am glad you enjoyed aspects of your visit such as the service you received and your drink choices. If you could email me at reading@pitcherandpiano.com with the more specific issues you had with the food, I will be able to pass this information onto the kitchen so that we can improve the quality of the food in future. I hope that you will come and visit us again and give our food another chance to impress you. Kind regards Tori
Fishguard
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly bar with great service, good food and a smile”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I always love going into this bar when I am in Reading.
The service is always good and despite being a chain, their food is always good and fresh and well prepared.
There is a great choice of drinks at reasonable city centre prices and you can try and work your way through the cocktail menu if you want!
One of the best things about the place though is the friendliness of the staff - they are always welcoming and friendly.

1 Thank Longdistancecommuter
Hello,

Thank you for your kind review, I am glad that you have enjoyed your visits to us here in Reading. My staff and I always aim to provide all of our customers with a friendly service, it's important to us that the customer feels valued! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Reading, perhaps you could try one of our new cocktails!
London, United Kingdom
“Always a great place to drink”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My favourite bar in Reading. Good selection of drinks/cocktails, staff are very friendly and food is nice too. Perfect if you fancy a quiet afternoon drink, but also a great atmosphere on Friday/Saturday nights. Would definitely recommend

• Visited May 2014
Tori Y, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Reading, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you have enjoyed visiting us in the past and my staff and I look forward to welcoming you again soon! Tori