“Good food, relaxing location but service can be sloooooooooow”

Zest At Lime Square
Ranked #90 of 624 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zest at Lime Square is a waterfront restaurant situated in Reading in Berkshire. The restaurant is decorated with plenty of glass, solid oak floors, neutral walls with warm wood tables and plush hide chairs. It has already won Reading's 'Restaurant of the Year' in 2007 and is recommended in the Michelin Guide. The menu is dynamic and diverse, offering dishes such as seared sashimi tuna, baby beetroot tart with lotus roots and caramelised onions and the 'Weeping Tiger' sirloin steak. Desserts are equally adventurous, offering anything from apple crumble with cinnamon ice cream to a 'cocktail dessert' of Bailey's, Tia Maria, Frangelico, honey, chocolate and ice cream - all blended! Three courses cost an average of £35 per person;Zest at Lime Square offers exciting food at calming prices.
Reading Berkshire
“Good food, relaxing location but service can be sloooooooooow”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Zest is the only restaurant in Green Park and charges top prices. Location is lovely and relaxing near water and the food and wine are excellent. The only thing that has let it down for us the last 3 times we have been is the service can be slow. We went there for a 'work lunch' on a Friday and it wasn't that busy yet we had to chase our waiter 3 times to order, re-order a bottle of wine. He was surprised when he realized we didn't pay the service tip that is added on automatically..... Food wise we have never had a disappointing meal only disappointing service.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great! Very tasty!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I ate here on a Monday evening with a friend, having booked a table just that day. A lovely setting by the lake and pleasant decor in the restaurant. Not the easiest place to find but that's partly because I hadn't been to Green Park before. There is free parking available nearby.

I was a little bit late and my friend was even later but this wasn't a problem at all (only 3 or 4 other tables were occupied).

We had olives and focaccia with oils etc, beef lasagne (made with pieces of thinly chopped meat rather than mince), creamed spinach, beef burger and fries, mints teas and a trifle dessert.

The service was good, unobtrusive but just the right attentiveness level. Our main courses took longer to arrive than I expected, especially since the restaurant was almost empty. I wasn't timing but I would think more than 30 minutes. The food was very tasty and seemed to use high quality ingredients. The only reason I haven't given a 5 is because the food was so rich that I could only eat half my lasagne and creamed spinach. My friend had missed lunch after going on an epic walk with her dogs and she couldn't eat much of her trifle because it was so rich. For the quality of food and service and setting, I felt that the prices were very reasonable.

Hope to come back soon when I'm very hungry and try something a little lighter!

• Visited July 2014
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Great for business lunches”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Zest is a modern restaurant on Green Park situated by a water feature. It has tables inside and out so great for summer dining and although its on a business park it is great place to take clients in the Reading area as it is easy to get to and there is plenty of free parking.

There is a good menu with plenty to choose from.

The only thing to watch out for is the drinks - if you order a spirit they'll bring you a double without asking.

London
“surprisingly tasty”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

admittedly the location, near a motorway outside Reading, is not the most attractive, although the business park conceals the bad bits. I thought the food was tasty and well presented and the staff were attentive. portions can be a bit on the small side. the decor is simple but simple is good. Not cheap but i suspect that it is difficult to get better food in the area.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Regular reliable business haunt”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our co uses this restaurant regularly, lunch and dinner. in the middle of a business park, but nice setting, friendly staff, good menu, fast service. Food is always of a good standard. means we always use this one for customer and prospect visits, knowing we can trust it. highly recommended

• Visited May 2014