“Excellent Broccoli Soup”
Review of Strines Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sheffield
Strines Inn
Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Miserable morning after the bank holiday - rain and mist, but the fire was lit, the soup excellent, the staff (bar and catering pleasant) and there was an enormous pot of tea (enough for two).
Good place to stop if you are doing the Derwent Edge Walk - soon to be added to the Bradfield Walkers are Welcome website.
I had to walk back to collect my walking pole which i had left on the floor near the table and the kind staff had put it somewhere safe and presented it to me when i arrived back at the pub.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just been for lunch on bank holiday Monday . Miserable weather but decided to take dog a walk! Called in and were happy that this is a dog friendly pub, excellent! My husband had the steak and ale pie and myself the Cajun chicken and salad! Lovely meals , nicely presented & a biscuit from behind the bar for the dog ! Friendly bar staff & nice atmosphere ! Will call again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debspearce
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Scenery is lovely, that's it. Pity , I should have just packed my own lunch. I won't forget how chips were cooked and served, they were very greasy and soggy. Apple crumble is like a digestive biscuit soaked with water. Well, i did comment about it afterwards but guess what the manager said? "Cant do anything about it as I haven't seen it". If I have this fantastic opportunity to run a perfectly located restaurant, I will do a lot better.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank April Laurence B
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've dropped in a couple of times and reviewed an excellent Sunday lunch a couple of years ago. This time we were up for a couple of days and decided to stay here instead of our normal premier inn in Sheffield. Our room was amazing, quirky, historical, very clean, comfortable, large, beautiful double aspect views. We woke early to the peacocks, geese, chickens, sheep etc which could possibly annoy, but we found it energising and wanted to get up to be out there with them! A delicious breakfast was brought to our room at our requested time. Really couldn'f fault it. Oh and yes the large Yorkshire pudding with chilli and local peak ales were still excellent. Will definitely book to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PRPeters
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped for lunch with my parents and husband we had a nice lunch and love the peacocks,we've visited a few times now and just love the location .only down side my husband said the barman wasn't very friendly after trying to engage him in conversation he gave up its a real shame because friendly staff would add the the strines .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stopped here for Saturday lunch after visiting a few little towns around the area. The special on the day was the steak pie which was just so delicious. The four of us had a hearth lunch and a few glasses of wine before going out the back to see the peacocks parading their feathers. A sight to see. The pub had great atmosphere and the service was very good and in no time we had our meal served. I would certainly come back here again for a meal. We never stayed here.

Room Tip: Order the special of the day and you won't be disappointed.