“Great value and great food”
Review of Balti King

Balti King
Ranked #726 of 1,528 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Balti
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The offers they have on are amazing. Who doesn't want 50% off their food bill? The chicken tikka is one of the nicest I've ever had and the lamb dupiaza is divine. The quality is always top notch and you can have the same curry over and over and always tastes the same. the sign of a good chef. The owner Tony always had a smile and always makes you feel welcome.

1  Thank Alm439

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We used their take-away service. They said it would take an hour to be delivered, which was fine. Two hours later it turned up, mostly cold, and was the worst indian food I've ever eaten. Curry like soup with about 4 pieces of chicken, flat, horrible bhajis and even the onion salad was rubbish! How do you get onions wrong? About a teaspoon of mango chutney in the pot and stale popadoms. wont use them ever again!

2  Thank 4MissD
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived Tuesday 22/7 to an empty restaurant, without booking, we had a fantastic welcome and was showed to our table, we were offered a pickle tray and drinks and given menus. The owner is really fantastic he has a very relaxed style and nothing was too much trouble, we ordered our meal which was fantastic and brought to us promptly and we were even asked if we would like a gap between our starters and mains, we even took home what we couldn't eat which was no problem, the decorating is very traditional which I really liked, all the staff were very helpful and made our night special, they don't take card though so had to pop to bank for cash, not a problem really as it is only next door, would definitely go again :)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I went there with my son having a groupon voucher to spend there. The food was ok but it turned out to be quite expensive with the few extras we had and then the service charge.
I hate service charges. It's like being forced to leave a tip wether your happy with the service or not and I notice very few restaurants add it on these days.
I would never have left a tip anyway, the service was poor and not a friendly atmosphere at all. There are much better restaurants in the area

1  Thank Dale B
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Second disappointment from Balti King. We've always rated their food and thought they were really good value, but last time we ordered a takeaway from here they didn't bring our rice or naan. They brought them for us after we called to tell them, but it took them a further 45 mins to bring the rice so all our food was cold and we had no apology for this.

As we'd always had good service and food before, we thought if must be a one-off so gave them another chance.

We ordered another takeaway on Saturday night. Yet again our order was missing two portions of rice and one of the meals was wrong too. I called to tell them and after some argument they conceded that I should have had some rice and would send it out within 45 mins. No apology yet again. The delivery driver turned up with the rice and actually asked for the incorrect meal back. God knows why, it was stone cold and no use to anyone. I just hope it wasn't destined to be reheated for someone else. No apology from the delivery driver either.

At the very least we deserved apologies on both of these occasions, and I can't believe they asked for the incorrect dish back! Basically we paid around £50 to have two evenings ruined by below-par, lukewarm meals, rude staff and the feeling that we had inconvenienced them by asking for what we had paid for.

Mistakes happen and I haven't got a problem with that but I'm absolutely disgusted with their customer service and won't be ordering from them again.

1  Thank Boingaroo