“Utterly fantastic”

Ranmoor Friery
Ranked #53 of 1,605 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Reviewed 30 May 2018

My wife is veggie and there were so many amazing vegan options for her to try- she tried a sort of mixer box. I really wanted her to try the gravy and the staff member really wanted her to try the curry sauce too- so he put both in, at no extra cost.

Staff were very pleasant to talk to and really cared. Have never been to a chippy like it.

My fish and chips were delicious and excellent value. Really worth the short journey outside the centre of the city to get here.

1  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I have just finished our weekly takeaway meal from Ranmoor Friery produced by the whole delightful and cheerful family. The non-greasy chips and crispy cod were wonderful but would have been better complicated by champagne rather than the ruby beer of my choice. Excellently cooked by Gary & Arron and managed by Rani.
Howard

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here as we'd heard they had a vegan menu and it's a fantastic chipper for all non meat eaters. Great range of foods including vegan sausage, burger, fish fingers etc. Separate fryer for all vegan food and the chips. The owner was so lovely even letting us try the (fake) prawns while we waited. The chips were to die for - proper English chippie chips. Will be back again

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I paid a visit here after reading about the vegan options, and I've got to say, they really do have a great choice of different items to go with your chips. In the end I went for the vegan box and swapped out the 'chicken nuggets' for 'battered prawns' cos the idea intrigued me. The chips were done really well, very crisp and dry. The battered vegan sausage was sumptuous. The mushy pea fritter was smaller than I expected and had a pretty subtle flavour. The battered prawns were solid. The gravy was lovely and I got a free curry sauce. Great banter from the staff, and £5.50 might be a little pricey but all in all, very impressive.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I had fish and chips recently from Ranmoor Friery and they were fine, the staff were very personable and friendly, but I fail to see why this is No.22 in the Restaurant Category, IT'S A FISH AND CHIP SHOP!!!!