“very basic but better than a travelodge”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The hotel is not the in the best location of Sheffield. The staff are friendly but the room wasn't very clean and quite dusty. Also they don't give you any biscuits. There was loud cistern noise coming from the bathroom, but which i was able to block out by shutting the bathroom door. However, the room was cosy and the bed comfy and I had a good nights sleep. The breakfast is 'help yourself' buffet and is adequate, however, the staff need to keep the cups & milk topped up as I had to wait ages whilst my breakfast got cold. I then had to throw the breakfast away and re-do my plate. For evening meal, I had the cray fish & salmon salad starter which was delicious and the prawn & salmon taglatelle for main, which was just devine. I had the sticky toffee pudding which was dry and hard and let the meal down.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and as this was my first time here, I do not know what the other rooms are li...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina D
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,557)

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have never stayed in a jury's inn before and are very pleased with this hotel.
Lovely friendly staff on arrival
Allocated a room on 5 th floor, double bed and tv with tea and coffee facilities. Hair dryer supplied.
There is ice machines on each floor
The breakfast is excellent with coffee and tea fresh juices, croissants and toast and bagels.
Good hot selection of food and cereals and fruit
Evening meal was good just not big enough portions but excellent quality.
We parked in the car park opposite the hotel no problem. The one under the hotel is too busy and cramped.
Overall a good hotel and yes I'd book again

Room Tip: Ask hotel for a deal with car park included and they will do you one cheap
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Polamb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is lovely to read you had an enjoyable stay, I have passed on your excellent comments to the team and I hope to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield soon.

Please feel free to contact me before your next visit on my email address below if you have any preferences.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

All in all the hotel was OK, the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection and quality was very good in deed. However, parking is a problem despite there being an underground car park managed by the notorious Excel people who are renowned for dodgy parking fees and spurious "parking tickets". Due to massive misunderstanding of the parking times and limitations we ended up issued with a so called parking ticket which will not be paid!! Beware is all I can say and park somewhere else even if it is a bit less convenient. Secondly, the bar snacks. These must have been the worse in the world if not the universe with my Halloumi burger being less cheese and more undefinable patty of something vile and my partners panini actually more raw dough than panini.... so again, beware!!

Other than that it's OK, near the shops and bars and clean, tidy and reasonably comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday, I didn't get one bit of sleep. It was loud, the bed was the worst I've ever experienced and when trying to ring down to reception about noise I got no answer at all. Won't be coming again and certainly will not be recommending this hotel to anyone either.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Ameliapigott

Dear Amelia Pigott
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I was disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay on your special occasion.
I am sorry to hear that your sleep was disrupted due to noise and you were not able to contact a member of my team to notify them. A member of the night’s team is always contactable to assist but I am sorry this did not happen in your case.
I know you have said you do not wish to stay with us again but I would like to discuss further with you so I have the opportunity to apologise in person and offer a gesture to restore your faith in Jurys Inn Sheffield. Please contact me on the email address below.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here in December for the second year running as it was a central location for our works do. The hotel is well placed for walking into Sheffield to bars and restaurants. The rooms are clean and well furnished, and although the hotel is full of people on a night out we found it on both occasions ( both Saturday nights) to be fairly quiet. The staff on reception are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the usual comprehensive full English, cereals, etc., and went down very nicely after a night out. The parking is a short walk but very reasonable as they give you a discounted token. There was a water and ice machine right outside our door in the corridor so we helped ourselves to plenty of ice to chill the bottle of wine we had taken to drink whilst getting ready! We are returning in February for a 40th birthday!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very good Value for money. But awful customer service. Staff look over worked, miserable and not a happy bunny.
Had a few minor issues during my stay but staff didn't seem to care.
Room needed some pictures and spare pillows. Beds very comfy and I had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Morgan R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am sorry to hear you was not happy with certain aspects of your stay but is lovely to hear you had experienced a great night sleep.
We strive to deliver very high customer service standards and I am sorry this did not happen in your case, Would it be possible you could email me your details to discuss further.
Once again my apologies and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Nice friendly staff, quick check in, nice room, great location, however, it was the worst night's sleep I had in a really long time, the bed was so uncomfortable, as were the pillows. Everything else was definitely a positive though.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple