“two night stay in june 2013”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Surrey, United Kingdom
“two night stay in june 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

reading latest reviews makes me think we stayed in different places but here goes for my experience
was playing in local casino over 2 days so pick here as seemed central and was
on arrival 3 hours before check in asked if poss to have room early
no problem and in room was pleased to see in my view spacious room with double and single bed all in very clean condition and bathroom likewise
had shower which was hot and powerful no problems in room 801
found mattress the best ive slept on in hotel memory foam i believe no squeaks or anything my mates also staying here said same thing and weve been to many hotels also there was notice on the bed saying if pillows are not too your liking there are some more in wardrobe there was too but mine were fine
breakfast we found was great all hotels do buffet style and this was one of the better in our view no major problems but did agree orange juice was powdered and undrinkable no taste but everything else lovely and refreshed quickly
cooking our own toast never been a problem you can cook it how you like and not moan about how someone else has cooked it
did eat one afternoon in costa cafe in house and had fish and chips which was lovely served by lovely smiley lady and young man behind the jump
tv in room worked great all freeview channels and control easy too use
did use FREE safety deposit service in main lobby and was fine and useful
all in all had good sleep both nights in hotel in which every member of staff i encountered was helpful and smiling from lobby to maids and even managers seemed normal
eat well and went home smiling and refreshed and if in sheffield again will come here for sure
very clean hotel throughout with helpful smiling staff if you talk too them like people not service staff and in my and friends view nice place to stay
well done jurys sheffield thank you also short 8 to 10 min walk to station

Room Tip: heard from friends corner ones had nice glass windows letting loads of light
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank denis220262

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have never stayed at a Jurys Inn and I wouldn't want to again. Thankfully our stay was only for 1 night. Check in was slow with the staff making little effort to smile. Our room was on the 8th floor.There was a quick lift with plenty of space but the room card was needed to make it work. The card also opened the door of the room and made the electric work. Some of the lights didn't work and the room was very small although there was a double and a single bed in the room. If there had been full occupancy it would have been very tight. I had less than 1 foot of space on my side of the bed....there was only just more than that between the double and the single. There was a bathroom, clean but odd shaped somehow with the toilet in a corner which was dark. The water pressure from the basin tap was poor. 2 pillows each for the bed.....not that comfortable either. The best bit was the air con..which worked really well. Breakfast was cold! I asked for fresh fried eggs as there was 2 dried up offerings left and was told they were coming....10 minutes later they arrived looking very round and tiny with hardly any white, the yolk could done to have been cooked for a few minutes longer, they were obviously cooked in a mould, or cut after cooking. The scrambled egg was pale and solid looking. There was fruit and cereal, but the fruit was hard and not ripe, cut into huge pieces. Tea and coffee available from the machine and toast..again self service. Fruit juice was also available but avoid the orange..I doubt it had every seen an orange. It was disgusting. The apple juice was no better, almost watered down. This hotel could do much better. The bar prices are extremely high and the food could be much much better. I will never book a Jurys Inn again. The location is however perfect for the theatre (10 mins walk) but ask at hotel before parking as they have an over night deal with one about 5 mins walk away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Christine L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am really concerned to hear about the problems you had experienced and I would like to discuss with you, would you kindly email me with your contact number and the most convienient time to call you. michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com.

Many Thanks
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights when I could not get rooms at the Leopold Hotel. Jurys is situated by a busy road and there was some noise at night, from both traffic and people, even though I was on the 5th floor (the fire station is just down the road, which could be a plus or a minus). The bedroom was spacious for the price, and very clean. When I first arrived I could not get the TV to work but later that night it did work. It also had a full range of Freeview and radio channels, which is good. The bed was comfortable, not over-burdened with ridiculous cushions, and a decent size. However, one of the bedside lights was falling to pieces. The bathroom was clean but a little basic. When I arrived, check-in was fairly rapid and they seemed more interested in turnover than real contact. This was also evident on leaving. There was no explanation that the lifts worked only with room cards, which was puzzling to some people. I did not have breakfast so cannot comment on the food - or the drinks, as I was unable to make the soiree with management which I received an invite to upon checking in.

Room Tip: Get a room high up
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sbishop,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I would like to apologise for the noise you had experienced and for the broken bedside light, we do complete room checks on all serviced rooms each day to ensure all cleaning and maintenance standards are met, I have informed the housekeeping manager to ensure re-training is completed to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

I am also disappointed to read that the service provided was not up to our usual standard, We do receive great feedback on how friendly our employees are and I am sorry this was not experienced by you. I have informed the front office manager to ensure your feedback has been communicated to the team to ensure information is provided to all of our guests whilst providing our usual friendly welcome.

I am also sorry to hear your TV did not work but glad to hear this was rectified and you was able to enjoy all of the channels we provide.

I hope this has not deterred you from using us in the future and as a gesture of goodwill I would like to offer a complimentry upgrade on your next visit to Sheffield, Please contact me directly by email michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com when you wish to book.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I visited this location on the 27th June 2013..

Parking is in the NCP across the road, so no big deal and it's a short walk to get to everywhere..

Now I was staying for business, and hash both an early an busy day to follow..

Meal was poor, had to send it back to be altered
Some yobs set of the fire alarms off at somewhere between 2.30am and 3.30am and this was on for a good half hour, (that wa ps brilliant for my sleep and mind set) and when going to check out a piece of the lift (a 2ft piece of metal bar) hit me and fell to the floor, luckily witnessed by a few members..

When I was asked when checking out, "how was my stay", I said the above, for which the gentlemen new about the first and witnessed the lift incident, said ok, thanks and carried on,

Basically no apology, no offer of anything and I was appalled that was the standard of the customer service,

I will not be staying again, unless I get some form of 'something' back from the chain, and my business books me into this chain prob about 5+ nights a wk, I will now make sure they book me in else where, as poor customer service form more than 1 person is very poor form.. (plus you have to pay £10 for the internet)

1 positive however, the bed for the little sleep I did receive was very comfortable

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ravingeddie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am disappointed to read about the problems you had experienced and the service you had recieved.

As you can read from previous reviews we do recieve excellent feedback on the service we provide and our food standards and I am sorry this did not happen in your case.

I would really like to discuss with you and would ask if you could contact me by email michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com with your contact number and the most convienient time to call you.

newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

location was great as city centre, we stayed here as we were going to a concert. The bar staff were very slow and were even left there 20 mins when they forgot to change a barrel. The room was average and must of been a disabled room as the shower was massive and had all the red cords etc. the toilet constantly made a noise and so did the road below our window all night!! Not the best hotel I've stayed in and probably won't return anytime soon

Dear Bumper4,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am glad to hear our location was was perfect for you but I am disappointed to hear about the service you received at the bar and for the noise you experienced due to the constant noise from the toilet.

We do complete cleaning and maintenance checks for all serviced rooms each day and this should have been picked up and I am sorry this was not the case. I have informed my housekeeping manager to re-train on our standard checks to ensure this is not experienced by our guests in the future. I have also provided your feedback to our food and beverage team.

I can assure you this not our usual standard and as you can see from previous tripadvisor reviews we do receive great feedback about our hotel.

You have mentioned you would not use us again in the future but I would like to build your faith in Jurys Inn Sheffield and as a goodwill gesture offer you a discounted rate on a future stay, please contact me on michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com to avail this offer.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've never stayed at a jury's inn before but we had the chance to take part in a private dinner on Sunday the 23 of June.its clear the head chef can cook and knows his stuff as every course from the carpaccio of beet root to the chocolate brownies for dessert where superb the attention to detail in the food presentation was as good as me and my partner have seen for a long time. Service was of a high standard and we could not have asked for more. Keep hold of the chef jury's you have a talent

2 Thank Tupg
Bucharest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

I was there as a guest of Sheffield Documentary Film Festival, so I didn't pick it myself.

My first impression was good, as for the state of the room (a bit small), and especially for the good location, which is within walking distance to the city centre and the railway station.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the unfriendliness and unprofessional behaviour of the reception desk. I found more forthcomming and helpful people in hotels with less pretentions.

1 Thank TVprod