Jurys Inn Sheffield
  • Pool
Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,694 results
All reviewscity centrecar parktrain stationclean hotelsaturday nightbusiness tripgood nights sleepexcellent hoteldouble bedchecking outexcellent staybar areawould stay againone night stayexcellent value for moneyolivertoken
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I read a few reviews here and I was quite anxious because I stayed in Sheffield hundreds of times, but never on this hotel before.

The hotel facilities are quite good, recent hotel good location, just a few minutes walking to city center. You have to pay the car park, but the hotel have some agreements with "the moor car park", just across the street. for 4 pounds the car can stay overnight.

the food and service at bar, restaurant and breakfast room are quite ok, on my stay I can´t complain about the service and the staff was all the time very helpfull and smiling, the oposite I read on a few reviews here.

I would say, that one thing the hotel could improve, was to install power outlets in the toillets, special for men it´s usefull for shaving machines.

In fact to use the lift you have to use the key card of the room, but that´s a good thing considering the security, just who is looking for a midnight escort visit that can be a problem :)

So, the balance was very positive about my stay, the only thing I would say, is for the price you pay on this hotel you can find something more "posh", not too far.

But definitly I had a very good stay in Jurys Inn Sheffield, and for some reason my usual hotel will be full again, this hotel will be a very good option.

Room Tip: ask for room facing the back street, avoid the main avenue with a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stopped at the Jury's inn in Sheffield on a Friday night. The rooms are a good size, flat screen tv, air conditioning and good views across the city. It has a car park underneath at a decent price. The restaurant looks very good and reasonably priced. We had breakfast the following morning and it was fresh, tasty, plenty of choice for a Buffett with hot and cold food and drinks including meats, cereal, cheese and pastries, not including a good choice of hot food. The location is great. A five minute walk to the us and train stations, the city centre with the Theatres, great restaurants and shopping. The staff are friendly and helpful, will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BarnsleyChappers147

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great hotel,lovely staff and very clean rooms. We had a good size room and it was spotless.Beds very comfortable and spare pillows if you need them.Staff were very friendly on reception.Breakfast was ok,nothing special. Overall, a very pleasant stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 539sarahm

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here w/e 27th June to 1st July 2013 as I was attending a poker event in the nearby casino. I arrived earlier than the normal check in time & was allowed to check in immediately. Also I had a late flight home & again I was allowed stay on in the room until after 1pm when check out was noon.

Think I had the best room as I was in room 303 which was on the corner with full glass windows over the front of the hotel. Bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I have stayed in many hotels all over Ireland/UK & Europe. I had a grand walk in shower but no bath but it was suffice for my needs over the weekend.
Breakfast was buffet style but anything you wanted was on offer from fresh fruit/cereal/full english with a notice also stating if anything you wanted not on offer to ask. Had dinner in the hotel bar on the Sunday evening & I couldn't fault it - cleaned my plate. Don't eat peas & was offered various other vegetables as alternative which I gladly accepted.

Every staff member that I encountered was extremely polite, friendly and ever so helpful and dealt with you, the customer, with a smile. Gave the impression that they actually enjoyed their jobs. A credit to any employer/management team.

If I am in Sheffield again for whatever reason I would stay here, without a second thought.

Overall - great hotel, great staff & great food

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunLover064

Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at jury's inns around England for some time now and can say that jury's Sheffield has the most lovely and friendly staff out of any I have previously stayed in. The receptionists are always freiendly and welcoming as are the restaurant and bar staff the breakfast is of a good standard and the food offering in the bar and restaurant are very good particularly the bar specials great staff great food my new favourite jury's

• Stayed: June 2013