“good for a over night stay”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“good for a over night stay”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

we booked 2 rooms as we were visiting our son who is at uni here, the staff were pleasant and helpful. the rooms were clean and adequate, if a little hot. there were a few hen and stag dos staying who were a little noisy (not the fault of the hotel). it was a great location and had everything we needed, except a comfy mattress, a bit too hard for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank STaylor6
JurysInnTeam, Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield and for taking the time to review your stay.
It is a pleasure to read such lovely feedback and I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards,
Maricn Jurczak
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel many times in the passed and the staff are always friendly and helpfull reception is some times hit and miss but staff all ways have a welcoming smile. Bed rooms are clean and well maintained.Breakfast is of a good standard and plenty of choice. I often eat in the resturant on my first nights stay and I must say the food quality and presentation is on the up and the new idear of the bar specials is a nice improvement .But of late the services has been letting the dinning experiences down. It's slow and lackluster with no offer of bread or a mention of wine also unsure who is the resturant manager as every one looks to be doing there Own thing. Food certainly on the up!!!!!
but services and resturant staff letting the resturant down

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your dining expectations this time. Your comments have been shared with my management team to ensure that the issues you raised are resolved. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.

Kind regards,
Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Second time we've stayed here, went back after a good experience last time. The room was nicely furnished and equipped. Ours was on the 8th floor at the rear of the hotel, so no street noise. The heating/cooling system was set at its minimum of 19 C when we arrived. I turned it off and opened the window as we prefer a cooler temperature for sleeping and I hoped that the temperature would have dropped by the time we returned after a concert.
It was not appreciably cooler which made sleep less restful than I should have liked. The other source of irritation was the constant noise of the aircon units on the roof of the block opposite, which of course if you're not sleeping seems twice as intrusive.
The staff and hotel were very pleasant but for these two points. I'd recommend a lower floor room to avoid the noise and a fan if you like a cooler environment

Room Tip: Somewhere around floor 3-4 at the rear of the hotel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise for the issues with the noise. If and when you return to Sheffield please contact me on the email address below and I will ensure your room is allocated away from any potential noise.

marcin_jurczak@jurysinns.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed here last weekend, NEVER AGAIN. We had booked the room over 7 months ago.
When we booked this room it was advertised as ADVANCE BOOKING ONLY AND NON REFUNDABLE ROOM.
This was fine with us so we paid with the knowledge that if we cancelled our booking, we wouldn't get our money back as it states NON REFUNDABLE, ADVANCE BOOKING ONLY.
On check in and check out we weren't asked for our bank card, which is standard policy for every hotel I have visited including jurys inn on several occasions.
To our horror another payment for the room was taken out from our acoount TWO days after we stayed at this hotel.
We found this very strange as we had already paid for the room 7months ago as the room was strictly ADVANCE BOOKING ONLY.
I must say I have stayed in many jurys inn hotels over the years and have been happy with my stay but this incident has put me off jurys inn as I can't trust them.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I was most disappointed to learn that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at the hotel and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please contact me on marcin_jurczak@jurysinns.com.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked this hotel for a cheap weekend stay in the lovely city of Sheffield. Location is perfect, just a minutes walk from the city centre. The hotel exterior is very smart and provides great views from the rooms overlooking the city. The room was very modern, stylish and clean with just the facilities we required. Check in/out was quick and simple, staff very friendly. Really good value if you are looking for a short break.

1 Thank Keith E
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed our facilities at the hotel.
I will ensure your kind words are communicated to the team. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 1 night to attend an open day at Sheffield Hallam University and paid £70 for a twin room. We arrived to find a double bed plus the sofa bed set up as the other bed which was fine.

We did not eat at the Hotel as the town centre was only a 5 minute walk away and had plenty of places to eat , quite a few pub type like places.

The Hotel and room were very clean and modern. As we were up on the 5th floor we were not disturbed at all by any noise as other reviews have stated. Bed and sofa bed were very comfy.

Breakfast was included and full of a very good and varied choice from a hot traditional breakfast to continental.

Parking was easy although the Hotel do not have their own car park . We parked in a multi story just a few yards away but not in the NCP opposite and only paid £4 for 24 hours which was subsidised by the Hotel so that was great and may car was fine there.

The University was also only a 6-7 minute walk away so location was excellent for our needs. So all in all a great hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank San S
Dear guest,
Many thanks for taking time out to share you experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am delighted to see that you had such a positive stay. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here on saturday for one night to celebrate my partner's birthday in Sheffield.
Staff - Could do with a smile on their faces, looked like they didn't want to be there.
Room - Clean, shower was hot and powerful but pillows were too hard, woke up with a sore neck.
Breakfast - Enjoyable with good variety.
Location - Perfect for city centre shopping and dinning.
Overall - I will stay agin mainly for the location.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
2 Thank George P
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for sharing your recent experience at Jurys Inn Sheffield. I am very sorry to hear that we didn't meet all your expectations this time. Your comments about our team members have been shared with my management team to ensure this doesn't happen again.I am glad to see that all other aspects of your stay was good and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.