“Perfect stay for a night out! ”

Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
“Perfect stay for a night out! ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We came here about a month ago with for friends for a night out and were really pleased with the price of our room for what we got, rooms were excellent and really clean, taxis could be called for us whenever and at £20 per person it was perfect! With it only being about 5 minutes away from all the clubs and main bars it meant we could get to all the places easily enough too!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Holly H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel was very tidy and extremely clean - not even the close inspection of my room was able to pick up much in the way of dirt. A request for an iron and ironing board was met swiftly and efficiently.

The bed was exceptionally comfy and I managed to get a great sleep. The bathroom was well maintained, if a little unventilated - steam built up in the room very quickly and took a while to disperse.

The complimentary Wi-Fi was a really welcome addition, managing to connect my phone, tablet and laptop with ease, and the speed was better than I've had in some much more expensive hotels.

The staff were really friendly, one receptionist in particular, Adam, was very helpful throughout my stay, offering advice on where to eat and some of the finer points about Sheffield's nightlife.

Now, the bad - When I went to check in and pay for my room, none of the card machines were working, and according to the member of staff at the desk, it was due to issues with the bank. Unfortunately, this meant that I had to leave my luggage at the desk and go out in to a city that I'd never been to before, hunting for a cash machine. After I'd just arrived and walked about, this was quite an inconvenience. I'd have appreciated an apology of some sort.

Otherwise though, I had a great time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Faultless arrangements of our meeting room booking - for 10 people. Great value for money - three course lunch and unlimited hot drinks.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sharon w
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Handy for the station. I stayed here twice over a three day period and was surprised at the contrast between the ground and bedroom floors. The ground floor's welcome bright reception, bar and dining areas are not quite reflected in the bedrooms which are a bit tired, with aged bathrooms and lighting and reasonable washing facilities, tv and drinks making.

Breakfast good and scored 50% on the poached egg test - one morning perfect and on better other poached solid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here on a business trip - at 1:00am in the morning Becky and Sam on reception offered to print out my presentation for me which I was delivering the next day -I was looking for a printer -and when one of the pages didn't print properly Sam even converted it into word. Both girls were amazingly helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable -but the level of customer service was exceptional. Thanks girls.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate C
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although I only visited the bar on a couple of occasions Lee gave exceptional service to my colleagues and I which added to a great experience. The rooms were clean and tidy and all the other staff were helpful also. The only negative would be that reception seemed lightly manned and the wait fairly long other than that though I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SGreen1970
JurysInnTeam, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear SGreen1970,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Lee and the rest of the team. Many thanks also for the feedback about reception, I have already shared this with our Front Office Manger to investigate. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.
Kind regards
David Livingstone
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here several times for business, not one for writting letters to the management team but Lee the barman is spot on, genuine and friendly adding that personal touch to an already good stay. Well recommended

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom M
Dear Tom M,
Many thanks for choosing to stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to see that Lee our barman has had a positive impact and I will be sure to pass on your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn soon.
Kind regards