Hotels.com
Algotels
Travelodge
bigmanhowe
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Excellent stay with petty let downs
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2024
Quiet, clean and comfortable stay. Only the wifi and breakfast let them down, not on quality but on luxury control. Free wifi for half an hour and expensive unlimited breakfast with only scarmbled eggs.
Date of stay: January 2024Trip type: Travelled on business
  • Mercure
4.9 miles from Travelodge Sheffield Meadowhall Hotel
View more hotels in Sheffield
1,363 results
All reviews travel lodge meadow hall shopping trip all you can eat easy access car park plenty of parking good size convenient location bed was comfortable good nights sleep min walk would stay again excellent stay excellent value for money reception staff short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2024

I stayed at this hotel for four nights whilst covering a retail branch in the town centre and a solo traveller. Due to the long hours by the time I was ready to eat, I didn’t fancy sitting in the restaurant, instead I wanted to eat in my room with peace and quiet. When I asked at reception I was told no which I was shocked at as I’ve done this previously and I saw someone bring a takeaway in with them. The first night I didn’t enjoy my meal as I felt I had to rush due to the time so left most of it. However Karen who is the chef asked was everything ok with the meal so I explained what had happened. Karen informed me to speak to her and she would put it on a tray for me to take up to my room, and she even went over and above to wait for me to come back down again when I was ready for my dessert! What a gem Karen was, aswell as lovely food, a positive attitude and fabulous customer service nothing was too much trouble! She turned what was a bit of a negative situation into a positive one and I’m looking forward to my return visit again over the upcoming weeks!

Thankyou, Karen-what an asset you are!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 9 January 2024

This was our second stay. All staff are friendly and eager to make your stay pleasant. Room very clean and spacious. Receptionist very helpful and booked our taxi to event at Sheffield Arena. Will definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2024

A friendly place to stay all the staff are excellent and helpful. The position of the hotel is good for hospital visits also you can walk to meadow hall shopping area in max ten minutes if you stroll. We have stayed twice while visiting friend who is a patient in the spinal unit

Reviewed 6 January 2024

Everything was easy and convenient. Comfortable rooms, warm. There's a small bar ehixh is nice befire heading out for the evening and is open late. Breakfast was very comprehensive. Free parking and very close to Meadowhall.

Reviewed 31 December 2023

This hotel and the staff were excellent . Both us and our dog were made to feel very welcome. Breakfast was hot and continually being replenished so the food was fresh and cooked well. Highly recommend this hotel for people travelling with dogs.

Date of stay: December 2023