“Good value in the January sale”

Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked this hotel in their January sale - 50% off for room only which appeared good value based on reviews in tripadviser. It's easy enough to find by satnav - it's right next to the football ground and parking is free (careful of the ramp on exit). I arrived about 6:30pm on a match day and all the traffic had gone - an hour or so earlier and I guess it would have been busier.
Reception were pleasant and efficient. I had to book breakfast for next morning - £9 and was given a voucher for this.
The room was large, clean and I was impressed with the lighting - although I did have trouble finding the switch a bit later (it's on the side of the desk!). The tv was large and reception good PLUS you get all 3 Sky Sports channels (I had to check the bumf to make sure I wasn't paying extra for this - I wasn't). Standard hotel bathroom where everything worked well. Bed comfortable and heating easy to control.
Decided to go for a wander for a decent pint and something to eat. I wish i hadn't. Suffice to say that there isn't much around in walking distance . . . disappointed, I returned to the hotel and ordered a bar meal of panini and a pint. Both were a bit overpriced for what they were (aren't they always?) but the service was good and the panini well presented and did the job.
Breakfast was excellent from the buffet and check out painless,
Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
TrevorVels, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear KD_Trencherman,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your superb feedback and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay.

Please may I suggest that you ask our reception staff to assist you next time with recommendations for local eateries and pubs. Although we would always prefer that you dine with us, we are located close to London road which is within easy walking distance or 2 minutes by taxi which has a number of good quality establishments to choose from.

There are newer reviews for Copthorne Hotel Sheffield

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed here for one night before my wife sat an exam the next day. She was very stressed and felt that the room was too warm, but the open window let in too much noise and her skin reacts badly to air conditioning. Unfazed by such a set of circumstances, the very nice man (who came to speak to us after we phoned reception) went and fetched a portable fan, and so we had a good night's sleep.
Food in the evening and in the morning was perfectly pleasant, and the ability to park next to the hotel was very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear JokerJokerJ,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your response after your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay.

I am particularly pleased to note the manner in which my duty manager assisted you with a fan in your room and trust that this contibuted to the enjoyment of your experience.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Everything I expected from a hotel of this ilk. Modern, airy rooms, helpful staff and a good breakfast. It was easy to find and was not far from where I needed to be. They were very helpful when I found I had arrived without my bank card too - everything was sorted quickly and easily.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank vacca

Dear Vacca,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate all feedback as it assists us in maintaining our standards of superior service and hospitality. We will be sure to pass on your positive review to all of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here 27/28 dec 2013.check-in and checkout was easy,quick and the receptionist was very pleasant.Room was a good size and had a Big bed (and comfy).staff in the restaurant and bar were very good and friendly.Breakfast was spot on. Only 1 gripe (bar prices a bit dear)but it is a HOTEL.Location of hotel is a very easy walk from city centre,Would I stay here again?? ...MOST DEFINITELY. Would I recommend IT??again MOST DEFINITELY

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
TrevorVels, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Davey D,

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Currently staying on business- lovely modern hotel good size rooms extremely comfy bed! Staff could not be more helpful always more than happy to help and very attentive! Food has been lovely also and prompt service! I would definitely recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear HelenAdam,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback as it assists us in maintaining our standards of service and hospitality.

We will be sure to pass on your positive comments on our team's friendliness and attentiveness to all of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I've stayed here many times over the last few months for work and it is by far the most consistently good hotel for food, service, and room standard in Sheffield. Any issues I did have were ironed out very quickly and with great professionalism. I would happily recommend this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Donna E,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a positive response after your recent stay with us. I am particularly pleased to see that we have maintained our consistency with one of our treasured regular guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Copthorne Hotel is a good quality hotel with excellent rooms - only criticism would be that the rooms can appear quite dark but this is partly due to a bizarre light switch set up - a treasure hunt was needed to locate some of them! The bar is ok and the breakfast is very nice. I didn't order in the restaurant but they did arrange a buffet style menu for our large group of 30+ which was superb. All staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. Not quite city centre but plenty of free parking and within easy walk of the centre. A good hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your valuable and positive feedback received after your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate your compliments and are delighted that you clearly enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for any future visits.