“Super Manageress, shame about the chef”
Review of The Dore Moor Inn

The Dore Moor Inn
Ranked #548 of 1,497 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Dore Moor Inn in Dore Sheffield is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I went to the Dore Moor for a meal last Saturday night.
The restaurant is attractive and clean.
We ordered a starter to share, fried calamari on a bed of lettuce. It was insufficient for the money, and cold, so it was immediately sent back. Its replacement was much better. For main course I had a fish pie, my wife had a chicken pie. Both pies were superb in quality and content, but the accompanying vegetables were poorly prepared and uncooked.
I spoke to the Manageress, Rebecca.
She is super. She had been very busy serving all evening, and her customer care and diligence
is a rare quality. But someone in the kitchen is not up to par.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were welcomed with smiles, and asked if we would like a drink which arrived immediately. The restaurantant is part of the Vintage Inns group but there was plenty of character about the place and everything was very well organised. They also positioned us in the window seat which was delightful. Our children were present so I must really start eating some home cooking. I went with the fillet steak and it was very nice, so if you are looking for a some good pub food and a good pint of ale, give it a try. My parents went for Seabass and were very happy. Overall a lovely night out.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Been here before in the past and always had good food and service but something certainly not right at this visit! Poor service, menu nowhere as varied as before and a good hefty price hike in the process! Our food took ages to arrive and was ok but not great, large burgers and chips, minimal salad and no side dressings! As we finished and plates were taken away we were given the dessert menu, 4 - 5 choices and pretty costly for pub grub! Declined these and requested coffee,lovely when it arrived , however the bill was also presented and we were informed the restaurant would be closing in 10 minutes! It was ten to ten in the evening! As it was we decided to cut our losses and amble off home, just felt quite deflated over the whole evening! Certainly not the place we previously visited , such a shame!! I have noticed quite a mixed bag of reviews but do feel that consistency and quality are an absolute must when both owning and running any eaterie, and its just not happening here at the moment.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having been very disappointed at the Fox house just up the road we tried thus place....the staff were very nice but the food was horrible...I couldn't be bothered to complain after complaining at their last establishment ...just paid and left....Don't go it's not good!!!

2  Thank Pammowatt
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We visited Pick Districtand then on the way back to sheffield decided to have a meal at this inn.
On opening the door of the inn we were greated by staff who were not welcoming. We were told that I'd we intend to be quick, then only they were able to offer a place. On dining table, we realised that there was no major options or variants. Even traditional fish and chips was not available.
We ended up ordering one dish and with two pints, it costed us 39 quid!!