“Close to my idea of perfection”
Review of The Old Workshop

The Old Workshop
Ranked #394 of 1,605 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 1 week ago

I've wanted to visit this place since a (great) restaurant owner in the centre of Sheffield told me that this was his favourite bar in the city.

Basically I loved everything about it. I loved the beer selection, I loved it that they were available in third pints, I loved the decor, which was quirky but not in a self-conscious way. I loved how welcome I felt and the attitude of the staff. I really loved the pintxos (Basque-style tapas)- we weren't even planning to eat but we saw them as soon as we came in and the flavours were delicious (and the price/quality ratio superb). Basically, please keep doing what you are doing!

It had a little reminder of all the favourite places we've been lucky enough to live in- it reminded me a bit of Berlin places, a bit of Budapest ruin pubs. Yet- it still managed to be Sheffield, in a brilliant way.

2  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The best thing to come out of Sheffield since Sean Bean.

Craft Beer, Hidden Gem, Quirky, Ruin Bar, Tapas Snacks. All that was missing was a shot of Henderson's Relish upon arrival.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We love The old workshop, the drinks range is great with a good selection of spirits and beers. The food is really tasty, the pinchos are great and the sharing plates amazing. I can't rate it highly enough for a drink and bite to eat! Love the atmosphere in this place.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Tucked away in a side street in Kelham is this little gem! Decorated with pallet wood and scaffold board it is very quirky. Great selection of beers on tap and a great choice of pincho, small tapas dishes at 1.50 each which you can pick at the bar, the smoked salmon and wasabi mayo bruscetta was a nice change from the usual prokaryotic scratchings! Great little place for a group of ,ates to catch up!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We had tickets to an art exhibit just round the corner and came in here for a drink. Lovely bar with a nice atmosphere and a selection of guest beers from various breweries around the world. You could buy taster glasses of 1/3 and 2/3 of a pint but I opted for a full pint of one from a Sheffield brewery. Good choice . Great bar in a quiet little up and coming area.