“One of my new favourite places in Sheffield!”
Review of Hot Dog Hut

Hot Dog Hut
Ranked #516 of 1,676 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was really looking forward to visiting here after reading the excellent reviews online and it was even better than I expected.

My hot dog- I ordered a 'Reuben'- was absolutely delicious and cracking value. The toppings were generous and the sausage itself was excellent. There are lots of great choices and great meal deals, plus some tempting-sounding milkshakes.

The owner is a top bloke, really friendly, proud of his business and clearly works extremely hard. We were talking about how so many exciting things are happening at the moment in the local area- this wonderful place is going to be a key part of that.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Visited here several times and love it. Always fantastic service and really great food. Everyone should visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Plenty of choice!!! Great prices! I had the blue cheese and bacon dog with fries and a milkshake!!! Our next team build lunch menu of choice! Also do veggie dogs!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Somebody at work recommended this place so 3 of us called in for lunch. It is tiny but has about 6 stools to sit up against the window table if you want to eat in. The décor is really good - American diner style.

The guy serving is so friendly, polite and professional. My friend asked about a veggie dog and he explained what it was made from and the toppings she could have.

I had the chilli cheese dog with chips and a strawberry milkshake. I'm not usually a fan of a milkshake but the person who recommended the place said the strawberry one was "out of this world". I have to admit, it was very, very good. The dog was good with just the right amount of chilli and cheese so as not to make it difficult and messy to eat. The chilli was really nice with a good kick. The chips were good. The veggie dog was really good apparently - she had the "Reuben" which was different cheeses, pickled cabbage, gherkins and thousand island dressing. She also had a chocolate milkshake which she made short work of and assured me it was amazing. My other friend had the same as me.

My meal deal with the shake was £6.50. The other meal deals are £3.50 and £4.50 with soft drinks. Card payment is available.

I liked the wooden cutlery, the sachets of lemon wipes to freshen up after.

There were quite a few customers while we were there and I really hope this guy does well because he deserves it. He's put a lot of thought into the venture and the quality of food and service is excellent.

We all agreed that we will definitely go back and try more toppings.

He is open Monday to Friday 11-6pm. Closed weekends

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend went to find me something for breakfast in bed at the nearby Ibis after a late night gig in Sheffield. Came back with the prefect BLT Frankfurter hotdog (with extra jalapeños obvs). Delicious, carefully thought through, friendly service and a decent coffee to boot. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018