Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is a good premier inn and well worth the money if you are able to book early and get a great deal. The rooms all have a shower with a seat built in, it;s better than some of the premier inns that you have to stand in the bath to take a shower , I find these not so good as you need a slip mat. The beds are the normal great standard and always get a good nights sleep. The car parking is free but limited when the hotel is full. there is no bathroom as such as the sink is in the bedroom. The rooms are all clean and tidy with tea and coffee, I always need to collect more milk and sugar when I stay as i like more that 2 cups. Having stayed here now 3 or 4 times the only thing that could be a problem is the lifts, there are only 2 and it does take some time for one to come when the hotel is busy (the staff seem to use them as well in the morning). I have only eaten in this hotel the once and it was not a good experience so now eat out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kelly B, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you so much for your recent feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at St Mary's Gate.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope you will try our restaurant again on your next stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here Saturday and Sunday, with advanced booking on a flexible rate. The room was acceptable and clean. The bed was not the most luxurious but typical of budget hotels. I had no issues with noise during my stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, and were always willing to accommodate me. The bar pleasant and the breakfast was pretty typical.

The location was very close to the train station, Moor shopping area, and really close to university campus.

My complaint for the premier inn is that they have highly variable rates for rooms each night. Saturday's rate was more than double the rate for Sunday or other nights of the week. I actually came back to the inn later in my trip to check on room availability and rates. They were fully booked, but I would not have stayed due to their jump in price. This hotel is advertised as a budget hotel, with rates of 29GBP per night on their printed marketing fliers. However, they were consistently three times that cost, and higher than other more luxurious facilities within a half-mile.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here the night before my sons graduation .Quickly booked in by Tony who was also graduating the next day ,very friendly .We will definitely stay again and recommend .Short walking distance from Division st and Devonshire green area .

1  Thank jude16
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed here as a last minute thing, as my daughter was attending Sheffield Childrens Hospital and there were no beds so we needed somewhere local.

Literally took 10 minutes to get there depending on the volume of traffic. Parking was good undercover and secure.

Check-in was fast and the guy on reception friendly.

Our room(610) was spacious a triple, although the third bed could have been a little lower as my daughter was stopping in it.

The only design fault with these rooms are the bathrooms, they are fairly small but the sliding doors don't fully open so I couldn't get my chair right inside.Other than that it has everything we needed.

We ate in the restaurant which was nice and had all the usualdishes you would expect and was just what we needed.

They gave my daughter a nice glass of fresh milk to go to bed with and they have tea, coffee etc sachets to take to your room which is a nice touch.

After checking out I realised I had lost an item of clothing, this is where I struggled a little, I was literally trying to contact the reception all day with no luck, it only seems to keep you on hold for a couple of minutes then cuts you off. In the end I had to call the central booking number and even they couldnt get through but eventually put me through to the back office where they were very helpful and fond my jacket!!

Not a bad hotel and if I was in the area again I would consider using again.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The biggest plus for this hotel is the absolute quiet, conducive to a peaceful night's sleep. Difficult to believe it's in a large inner city location. PI can safely offer a refund if you aren't satisfied. If it is your practice to lodge a complaint just to get a free night, forget it. Go somewhere else.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here whilst I was having work done to my house for 4 nights. was made to feel very welcome and stayed in a nice clean but basic room, paid a good price and was happy with the service provided. Would return to this hotel if I needed to.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend for one night as we were going to see Disclosure at the 02 academy. We thought this hotel was a lot better than any travelodge we have ever been to. We found it fairly easy and on arrival we checked in with a great guy with a top sense of humour. Room was on the 4th floor and was ready at around 1.30pm even though we weren't supposed to check in until 2pm. The room was great. Very spacious, great tv, decent view, small but ok bathroom/ shower room, (sink was outside the bathroom which we found a bit odd) but the bed was the best thing about the room. The comfiest bed at a hotel that I have ever stayed at. Didn't want to leave the room it was that comfy. Lots of room to get ready and when we got back from the gig the bar was still open which was a bonus :) we checked out the next day and went to a thai restaurant which was just across the road. Great location near the bars and so on and will definitely be coming back. Great hotel and a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple