“Good affordable quality”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Recently stayed At Premier Inn St Marys Gate Sheffield.Top marks to staff in all areas.These guys really care about providing a friendly,professional service.We had a problem with the AC units on the roof providing architecturally transmitted noise and vibration above our bedroom (12th floor)when we reported this,we were given another room and our fee refunded for that evening.
Rooms in both cases were well maintained,clean and comfortable.Great hotel for short stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Kelly B, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at St Mary's Gate.

I am sorry that you were initially disturbed by the noise from our AC units, I am pleased however to hear that the situation was dealt with in a friendly and professional manner and you were happy with the outcome overall.

I really hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is an excellent hotel, especially for the very reasonable price. No-frills, basic room obviously, but everything as good as it could be: efficient check-in, friendly reception, comfortable beds, good pillows, quiet, safe, clean, secure parking, good location. Will stay here next time.

Stayed: February 2014
Kelly B, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback you have recently given regarding your stay with us here at St Mray's Gate.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be in an ideal location for your requirments and that you were pleased with our secure free parking.
Myself and the team are happy to hear you found the check in process to be quick and easy and the service you given was friendly and helpful.

Premier Inn have recently invested a substantial amount of money in rolling out new beds and pillows to all of our hotels so I am very pleased to hear that you found the bed and the pillows to be very comfy and hopefully helped towards a great nights sleep!

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back here again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I recently spent two nights at the Premier Inn and had two really rest full nights. The staff are friendly. The rooms are clean and tidy with all you require. The breakfast is self service (eat as much as you like) and was very good. We will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the kind feedback you have given regarding your recent stay with us here at St Mary's Gate.

I am delighted to hear that you found the team to be friendly and helpful, the rooms to be clean and tidy and that you had all you required.

I was also pleased to hear that you had 2 restful nights with us and enjoyed our 'all you can eat' buffet breakfast.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

As expected having stayed here before, good value with comfortable bed and secure parking. However, for the first time was on the 4 th floor so suffered from noisy revellers outside the hotel so next time will try to get a room higher up. Wi fi didn't work on the first night as I was told too many people were trying to use it ;had this problem for two days at another premier inn a month ago,

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for much for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at St Mary's Gate.

I am so sorry to hear that you were disturbed during your stay with us by people outside of the hotel making noise. At Premier Inn we try our absolute best to keep noise to a minimum but external noise issues can prove to be a bit tricky at times to keep totally under control, but we shall look into new ways of improving this.

As you refered to in your feedback, we would be more that happy to allocate you to a higher floor on your next vist to try and reduce if not eliminate the noise issue you recently experianced.

I am disapointed to hear that you also experinace wifi issues on this recent visit which I know can be quite frustraiting.
We have contacted our internet provided who have informed us the problem they were experiancing has now been rectified.

I really hope this will not deter you from staying with Premier Inn in the future as we look forward to welcoming you back here again.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews on here and having managed to get a cheap rate for our 3 nights, we could not wait to stay at St Mary's Premier Inn!! Especially having recently suffered a below par stay at Travelodge!

When we arrived we were greeted by a happy and polite receptionist who booked us in and gave us room 611.
All seemed well until night time!

Just turned off the lights to go to sleep and then the weirdest noise ever... Like someone kicking a metal bucket. It was very random and had no particular timing pattern. I thought it may have been the air con unit so turned it off as room was warm enough without the climate control on anyway! But the noise kept happening. Just as we would drop off, it would wake us up!
Then a 'bubbling' noise kept appearing! Less frequent but still annoying!
Was it when upstairs used their bathroom? I don't know. No body else seemed to have these problems going by the reviews so I was reluctant to complain immediately.

But the noises continued throughout the following nights in room 611.
It really did affect our quality of sleep! We were constantly disturbed throughout all three nights.

What's annoying is we were originally due to be on floor 12 (top floor) but due to the absence of cleaning staff we had to be relocated to room 611. I wonder if we would have had a nicer stay if we were on the top floor?

It really was very disappointing as everything with this hotel was perfect- apart from being unable to get a decent night sleep due to a very mysterious noise!

Our "Great night sleep - guaranteed" certainly went begging on this occasion!

I feel bad for having to complain and having to write this review. I honestly cannot understand how no one else before would have mentioned it to staff or how other people in the proximity would not have been disturbed by this noise either? It was really loud!

Another niggle while I'm here was the fact that the reading light could not be turned on unless the main bedside light was turned on!! Maybe I'm going mad, but what is the point of that?! Is it a wiring issue?

Don't get me wrong, this hotel seemed the bees knees and I hope we were just unlucky with the noise and lack of sleep on this occasion and I hope that following contact with Premier Inn, they will be able to shed light on what the noise was!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simonhaz

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review and for the feedback you have given.

Let me start by apologising for the noise issues you experianced during your stay with us and for the disturbed nights sleep it caused.

Let me assure you that we do have our maintenance team looking into to the problem you experianced to prevent this from happening again.

You did not mention if our 'good night guarantee' was offered to you on this occasion. If this has not been processed, I would love for you to contact us at site so we can process this refund for you.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future, we would love for the opportunity to welcome you back here soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Excellent centrally located hotel. Bargain at £26 a night! Excellent breakfast or pop out across the road to Waitrose cafe. Staff can't do enough for you. The sun came out too! Wifi is free for 30 mins and them just £3 for a day and it's fast and reliable.

1  Thank paulrock
Kelly B, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at St Mary's Gate.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the team to be so helpful during your stay.

We do hope to welcome you back here again in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Met up with my sister for her 60th. Impressed with the hotel decor and the room was clean and nicely decorated. the bathroom was lovely and modern and the room was warm. The tv was large and easy to use and the beverage facilities good. The room was quiet and would have slept soundly except for the AWFUL pillows. What a shame I removed a rating for these as they spoilt my nights sleep!

1  Thank Linda B
Kelly B, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the room to be clean & modern.

I am so sorry you found our pillows to be uncomfortable, Premier Inn do try to provide the best possible comfort for all our guests, we recently rolled out brand new mattresses and we provide a choice of firm or soft pillows. If it was the fibre they were made from then this is possibly somthing Premier Inn could look into in the future.

I do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.
We hope we can welcome you back here in the future.