“Pleasantly Surprised”

Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have to confess to being a bit of a hotel snob , and wasnt really happy about staying in a premier inn.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious , well appointed and very clean. It had a nice big shower. Will definitely look to stay at a premier inn again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Elaine W, Manager at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am delighted to hear that you were surprised by our hotel and it has changed your opinion about staying with Premier Inn. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for just one night in early May this year whilst travelling in the UK. We were very happy with the hotel, it was clean and comfortable, the rooms had everything we needed, stand out was the helpfulness of the staff in particular the reception staff who did all they could to make this a good stay for us. Excellent value. Would definitely return if visiting Sheffield again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review it's lovely to hear that our team stood out to you in terms of how helpful they were. I hope you had a great time travelling around the UK and I hope we can welcome you back if you find yourself in Sheffield again when next on your travels.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic experience and all the more pleasurable as wasn't expecting so much from a budget hotel. From Amy ' s warm welcome to the generous 12.00 checkout the whole family are converted to Premier. The beds are very large and comfortable, the good sized rooms clean and secure, the showers hot and powerful. Breakfast wasn't included in our deal but we stayed as the deal was good with both kids eating for free. A special mention for Neville who charmed and entertained us all and made our experience even more special, definitely a bonus to the breakfast and deserving of a pay rise!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations. That you for your lovely comments regarding Aimee and Neville, I will ensure your comments are passed onto them. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel ! Great bed ! Great shower ! Great beer ! Great location ! What more do you need ! Spotless, air con, great staff etc.... Stay at this hotel you won't be disappointed ! I would defo stay here again and woyld recommend it to family and friends no question !

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review, I'm so pleased to hear you had a great stay and provided everything you needed. We hope to welcome you, your friends and your family back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I don't normally view visits to Premier Inn establishments but I'm making an exception because this was such an excellent hotel.

I'm not sure how old the place is, but it could have opened for the first time yesterday. To say it was pristine is an understatement. Our room was absolutely immaculate - from the furnishings to the bed linen to the bathroom. And the restaurant area where we had breakfast was spotless and fresh.

I'm a photography student and recently studied the shooting of interiors. I could have set my gear up in there and started firing away, with no need to tidy up clutter and arrange the scene carefully. It just looked great.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, but that's no surprise because (a) Premier Inn staff always deliver, in my experience, and (b) Sheffield is such a warm and welcoming city anyway.

There is a secure underground car park, which was very handy, although I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a space if the hotel was busy.

My wife and I were visiting Sheffield for the first time in 34 years, having both studied there in the late 1970s. If anyone else reading this is returning after a long time away, brace yourself! I can't believe how much it has changed in that time. It was almost unrecognisable from when we were last there.

But one thing remains the same - those wonderful Sheffield folk. Great city, great people.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I'm delighted to hear that your stay was top quality and you found our hotel excellent that you had to leave a review. The hotel is almost 6 years old and as a team we pride ourselves on delivering clean rooms and great service for our guests and I'm so pleased that we delivered this during your stay. We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Sheffield hopefully sooner than the last time you visited our City.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Air conditioned modern room, strangely, basin in the bedroom not in the bathroom, good parking facilities, reception on 3rd floor, very friendly staff, good restaurant for dinner and buffet breakfast. Small tv, good location for central Sheffield, safe and secure with lift locks and extra security on corridors. Half hour free wifi, still begrudge having to pay for slow wifi though, after the half hour! Overall though, pretty good stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, it's lovely to hear you found our team very friendly and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

As with previous visits to this chain we had great service, friendly staff, lovely food and a very good night sleep. I always look for a 'moon hotel' as the kids call it, whenever we have to stay away for a night in the UK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellie R

I'm so pleased to hear that Premier Inn is your preferred choice and that we lived up to your expectations. We hope to welcome you and your family back if you find yourselves back in Sheffield.

Moon Hotel, Sheffield CC St Mary's Gate