“Should be top 10 in Sheffield!”
Review of The Cutlers' Hall

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cutlers' Hall
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I presume there aren't many reviews of this incredible building because the public doesn't always yet to have a look inside (it is available to hire for weddings etc).

For me, it is one of the wonders of Sheffield. I noticed it opposite the Cathedral one day and we were lucky enough to visit as part of Open House.

I found a lot of similarities between it and the Livery Company Halls in London- a decent number of which I've visited- and it stands comparison with and indeed outshines many of those.

The rooms and exhibits were simply astonishing- they included an absolutely enormous room used for dinners and special events, doors and lights that previously belonged on the sister ship of the Titanic- the most incredible and enormous penknife I've ever seen....

Best of all for me, all the staff that we spoke to were so friendly, informative and down to earth. They helped to make a very grand place feel very warm and personable.

2  Thank AlexSwallow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were lucky enough to do a guided tour with the Deputy Beadle. Really interesting history of the building, the Cutlers Company, Sheffield and so many exhibits. If you get the chance it is well worth it.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Attended a funeral across the road at the Cathedral. The reception was held at “The Cutlers Hall”. What a fabulous building, typical Victorian, very ornate with fabulous workmanship to be seen in every nook and cranny.
I love those Grand staircases as you climb to the main hall. The catering was very good and also the service considering there were hundreds of invited guests.
A lovely experience in a superb building.