“High-quality French bistrot”

Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte confit de canard and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £11.95 and a two-course prix fixe early evening menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.95. During December the bistrot will be transformed and tastefully decorated for the festive season. Join us for a 3 course set lunch menu for £18.50 or 3 course set dinner menu £26.95 – bookings being taken. If you love what we do give the gift of French dining and order our gift cards online or pop into the bistrot.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I'm amazed that this restaurant is only ranked 64th in Sheffield. Although I'm not a local, I would find its quality very hard to beat.

We found the bistrot purely by accident, having googled 'restaurants in Ecclesall Road'. How lucky we were to find this. The menu was very imaginative, and the dishes delicious: we had the carpaccio and warm goat's cheese salad to start; followed by duck confit. Everything was cooked to perfection and served by a charming French lady.

Julien A, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Chrisbatt,

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm glad that you accidentally stumbled upon our restaurant! I'm really happy you had such a great first experience with us, I really hope that if you are ever back in Sheffield you will be visiting us again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

An adventurous bistro with a menu offering consistently reliable quality food.
It also has special monthly gastro events which offer interesting dishes and excellent value .
The 4 of us had a thoroughly enjoyable evening with young, friendly efficient staff looking after our every need helping to create a great atmosphere.
Another hit for Sheffield !

Dear William,

Thank you for your great review and for your lovely comments on the service, I'm really happy you had such a nice time. I'm also glad to see you have been enjoying our special six course gastro nights, hopefully we will be seeing you for one soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided to bring the in-laws here as they're pretty fussy and it looked like a good, solid menu.

When we arrived, we were taken upstairs to the restaurant (it's a bar downstairs), which is unexpectedly atmospheric. It definitely has a quaint and french feel about it, the decoration and lighting. What I especially liked was the elevation above the ground that you felt, which was enhanced by the glass walls that you could look down through at the street below whilst dining.

So the food, we were given a complimentary bread basket, though the bread was a tad stale and the butter flavourless. But I can forgive that, as it was free and didn't ruin my visit.

Next came our starters, I ordered a pâté, which was good in its coarse consistency and it had lovely pistachio flakes worked through it, but it lacked seasoning. Just a pinch more would have brought out all the flavour of the ingredients. Other starters ordered were the asparagus, which was delicious.

The main courses: I had a steak salad, simple, light and full of flavour. The steak was cooked perfectly, sliced very thinly and I gobbled it up. No complaints. Other mains ordered were steak, lemon chicken and roasted pork. All were great, the pork especially so as the balance of apple and pork was just right. We all cleaned our plates!

Now for the staff, they were very professional, efficient and at no time did I witness anyone having a chat whilst customers were waiting for their attention, so good service overall. Will be visiting again.

1  Thank Ashton L

Dear Ashton,

Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate all your detailed comments about the food and service, I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and that you will be coming back. I hope you will be visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I love it here. There's not much to choose from but if your not fussy about what you eat then this is a real gem. Menus are seasonal and offers on lunch and week nights.

Good service and atmosphere over 3 levels.

If you want casual dining with good good that's fresh and culturally French then you have to try it.

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your review and your nice comments, I'm really happy that you enjoy visiting our restaurant. I hope we will be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We've dined here four times and without exception we've experienced nothing less than warm, friendly and efficient service and of course authentic French food. All five of us thoroughly enjoyed great tasting French cuisine, served by French waiting staff. Tonight the atmosphere was 'buzzing' without it being too loud. The music added to that atmosphere and I can recommend this restaurant for any occasion.(Very accessible by the way - excellent car parking and on a major bus route).

Dear Stephen C,

Thank you so much for your review and all your lovely comments, I'm glad you have had a consistently great time when visiting our restaurant, hopefully we will be seeing you soon for your fifth visit!