“Lovely”

Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely food, will definitely visit same group in places closer to home. The menu suited our taste and delivered the quality we were hoping for

• Visited August 2014
Julien A, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Mena

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your visit.
I hope you will get chance to visit some of our other sites in the future and perhaps we shall see you again in Sheffield one day.
kind Regards

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and attentive staff!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I enjoyed an evening meal here for my birthday and although eaten at various other Le Bistro Pierre restaurants, this was our first here.
It was my birthday the previous day and being on their email list, I had received an invitation to dine and doing so would give the table of four a bottle of champagne. A great start to the meal!
The food was served at the right pace by attentive staff. The various dinners were of pork, steak and lamb, all of which were superb at a very reasonable price! I highly recommend this establishment - worth a visit for either lunch or dinner.
Special thanks to Peter and the French waitress who looked after our table.

Dear HootieJohn
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after visiting us last Saturday.
I am glad you had an enjoyable Birthday and it was worth the trip over from Nottingham.
I hope we shall see you again soon.
Best Regards
“a great meal”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sir I wish there were more resturants as good as this one. We went there yesterday and not for the first time, This is one of the best resturantsI have been to in a long time. The food was of the highest standard yoy could wish for (and not expensive) the staff were very attentive but not intrusive,the food waswellpresented and cooked to perfection.I wouldadvise anyone who visits Sheffield to go there for a wonderful expierance.We (in the words of General Mcarther) we will return.The meal for 4 came to £70 which included 3 courses and all drinks plus £8 tip.total cost £78.

Dear Alan
Thank you for your great comments, it means a lot to get such positive feedback.
I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Best Regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“What a let down”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Well well well, where do I begin ? Having visited this restaurant quite a few times of late and always given a five star rating,it is very difficult to be so critical having previously had such enjoyable experiences, but we have to be honest.
Upon arrival, we were met by a very grumpy young bar man, who announced that the beer was off this night, no explanation, no apology. My husband and brother reluctantly chose an alternative, and we took our seats downstairs, telling this person that we had booked a table upstairs. He had to ask what name it had been booked in on three separate occasions.
When we finally arrived at our table, I offered the waitress a voucher for free champagne because it was my birthday, together with a full loyalty card which entitled two people to two courses from the a la carte menu, only to be told in a quite an off hand manner that we could only use one or the other. This was very annoying, because at the time of booking, I checked that it would be ok to use both to avoid any embarrassment !
My brother and I had asparagus and poached egg for starters, and the asparagus was very stringy and the poached egg rock hard, again embarrassing because I had recommended this starter, as before it had always been superb. We had to leave most of it.
My brother and husband tried the burger for a change, and were not impressed. I am so glad I didn't choose that, as they were both quite ill in the night with stomach and leg pains, surely not a coincidence ?
Throughout the meal we felt rushed, there is a very fine line between speedy waitress service and having your plates whipped away as soon as your cutlery touches the plate. The waitress seemed to appear at our table for this reason and that far too often, interrupting several very personal and delicate conversations.
If they had wanted the table for a second booking then they should have said so, but because we did not take our table until 8.00pm, we were slightly puzzled by all this.
At the beginning of the proceedings, a fellow guest fell from her chair, landing on the floor with a bang, and the staff were very slow to come and see what the problem was, and seemed totally bemused as to what to do, again embarrassing.
About ten minutes before we left at 10.40pm, there was a nauseating smell of fat emanating from the kitchen, and that prompted us to leave and made my husband feel quite ill.
I popped to the ladies before I left, to be met by our waitress cleaning the sinks and presumably toilets, and nearly tripped over a large bucket of water.
I had to ask her to move so that I could wash my hands, and asked her why she was cleaning up so early when there were quite a few guests still eating, and she told me they liked to get away early/bang on time. I have never encountered this in any restaurant before in this country or abroad ! Very peculiar.
In conclusion, it will be a very long time before we visit again if ever. Unfortunately either complacency has set in, or the usual superb staff are on their holidays, but whatever the reason for the poor service et all, we find our experience totally unacceptable.

1 Thank Wheatece
Julien A, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Wheatece
I am so sorry that you had such a disappointing experience... Having had such great visits previously, it sounds like a complete catalogue of errors and I am in the process of working my way through the issues which you raised and trying to understand why it was so below par.
If you would like to contact me directly via my direct email - Sheffield@pierre94.co.uk, it would help in filling a couple of gaps regarding the situation and also help in trying to resolve the situation.
I look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Preston, England
“A little taste of France in Sheffield”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Seven of us came here for a Sunday evening meal. There was a fabulous selection of starters and main courses and it was quite difficult to make my mind up. I finally opted for the Boeuf Bourginneon to put me in the mood for my upcoming holidays in France. It was absolutely delicious and fortunately there was plenty of crusty french bread available to mop up all the gravy. I took advantage of the special menu which was two courses plus a carafe of wine (approx 3 glasses) for £21.50. My fellow diners all enjoyed their food as well. There was plenty of choice for my vegetarian family members. The staff were really knowledgeable and helpful and with the pleasant music in the background helped to make it a very enjoyable evening. As a visiting Lancastrian I wish we had something like this over the Pennines.

• Visited July 2014
Dear JayPeaSee

Thank you for your lovely review.
I am glad you had such an enjoyable evening and it has left such a great impression.
We shall be opening more restaurants in the future and hopefully one of them will be closer to where you live, so you can visit more often.
Kind Regards