“Prezzo voucher makes this a great deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,051 of 1,418 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Prezzo voucher makes this a great deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went for lunch with a friend after a busy morning at work - relaxing soft chairs on arrival in waiting bar area. Shown to our table and left to browse the menu. We had a PREZZO voucher (2nd main meal for £2.50 with exceptions). Lovely decor. Quiet at lunch time - only 4 other tables in. Attentive waitress. Didn't have to wait long for our bruschetta and spaghetti carbonara - tasty but quickly went cold. Coffee fantastic. With the voucher makes it a very good deal but without then expensive for the quantity/quality.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Miriam M

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Tasty food eye catching decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Admittedly it was the voucher codes offer that originally attracted me to dining here but I was overall very satisfied. I went with my girlfriend and two friends and the food was great the waiter we had was very friendly and accommodating. The food we found was priced accordingly meaning its not the price of pub food because for quality and taste it's a cut above, so it's worth the extra money. The decor was a demure surrounding and the open kitchen is always a reassuring sign and always a positive. If at all I could fault prezzo it would be the overpricing of there drinks. Obviously we were there to dine but we all enjoy a tipple with our meals. Unfortunately this came at quite a steep price when myself and friend had two beers each which came to £25! But this can't be dwelled on for too long because the food outdoes this niggling thought. So overall prezzo gets a high recommendation from myself, girlfriend and friends a fine dining expierience just leave the drinks to going to the pub.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent food in a great environmennt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

We enjoyed tremendously our visit to Prezzo. The food - all 3 courses - was absolutely delicious. Our party of 5 shared nachos and garlic bread to start, followed by various calzones and a lasagne, all of which were very tasty. The desserts were equally nice. The service throughout was good, and the waitress even put a candle in my 8 year old son's cheescake when we mentioned it was his birthday. The prices are a bit expensive but worth it for the quality of the meal and the smart yet relaxed atmosphere. All in all very enjoyable.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great tasting Italian Food in beautiful surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Went to this restaurant with four friends on a busy Saturday evening. Found the room great, well lit yet with all the booths and tables laid out as they were it was very intimate and inviting/comfortable. The food was fabulous, great tastes and very well presented. Staff were extremely busy and our wait was a little longer than I would have liked, but they were attentive when we had them and very knowledgable about the food. I was very suprised by my encounter, thinking that as part of a chain it would not be up to much....how wrong I was! We will definitely be back. I really enjoyed the ambiance, food and service this restaurant had to offer.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Would Not Pay Full Price, Waiter didn't Understand English.. go to Pizza Express!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

In short, take away the fancy plates & presentation , & you are left with very overpriced food.
People pay to be seen in a well lit restaurant that serves expensive.. pizza.
We ordered a starter of antipasto, what was plain baguette, prosciutto ham (as expected), salami & olives..& you get some rocket on the side & balsamic. The bread was the let down for me-I like flavours & textures.
We shared a V.I.P pizza what does state are to share- yet the waitress asked my partner what pizza he would like when I ordered it! We asked how big & was shown with hand size & cm description- looked pretty big to us.
When it arrived was definately apparent that ONE v.i.p pizza was going to be enough for the two of us- and we are quite big eaters/ with big appetites !

We ordered a £20 bottle of wine- all wines are around this price, so expect to pay the price for alcohol.

We jovially passed a few fun comments to the waitress about the crumbs we had left on the table, and a few other likewise passing comments to try & interact . However, the waitress did not understand us, - was NOT Italian nor English, & nodded "yes" as a generic answer.

To us, interaction is quite important in the restaurant scene , even just a little generic understanding of jovial fun ,so this was quite a letdown when you are left smiling to yourselves like idiots at your own jokes because the waitress doesn't understand the sentence you have just passed. ..
But she seemed very apt in upselling & able to understand to encourage us to have sides
(what was probably a bit too much, but that's our volition & fault.)

The house fries were pleasant & crisp, nice & hot & not at all greasy,
the red & onion & tomato salad... needs to get rid of the word "salad" it was basically a tomato chopped sideways with an onion the same, just presented on a plate.. surely a salad needs to be more than just the 2 , as is??

The booths looked like the best place to sit atmospherically, & a shame that we weren't seated in one.

As somebody else mentioned. really not worth it without vouchers.
We had a starter, shared a pizza & wine & the bill for the two of us came to just under £50.

I don't understand how on top of trip advisor the price range says from £1 to £17.
Where is the £1 item ? definately not at prezzo- cheapest item you will find is the side at just under £4. this needs updating.

Prezzo ok for a very special occassion & if you got the money to blow!

• Visited February 2013