Padley Farm
Great 4.5/5
The Norfolk Arms(Sheffield)
Jonas Hotel(Sheffield)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsunderfloor heatingb bcooked breakfastpeak districtlarge ensuitebreakfast roomfamily roomgreat showercomfortable bedsfantastic staymin walkexcellent breakfastfull englishmicrowavereservoirpeakshosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Padley Farm is a set in a lovely location with stunning views across the valley. We had booked the entire place (4 double rooms, 2 ground floor rooms with double and single beds and 1 family room) and it was a lovely relaxing family gathering. Linda was happy for us to use the breakfast room as a social space. Linda is an excellent host and I would definately recommend for people looking for quiet accomdadtion in the North West of Sheffield.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful but choose for your needs e.g. wheelchair accessible or family.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've just returned from my (second) visit to Padley Farm. Linda is a warm and friendly host who serves up a fine breakfast. The rooms are large, airy and very comfortable. The views are spectacular and beautifully quiet yet really handy for nearby Sheffield.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Heating off (in December!), shower leaking but hot chocolate sachet with kettle. Can't complain.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We've stayed here twice now in the past year, over the weekend. Fantastic views, lovely (quiet) country location, very friendly people, v good breakfast.
The building is a lovely characterful conversion of old farm buildings - clearly genuine old exposed beams etc. Our room, on both occasions, was large, warm, and beautifully fitted, with a large ensuite. Lying in bed, looking up at the old oak?? beam structure was mesmirising - marvellous craftsmanship. The internal fittings, flooring and furniture were very 'up market' (e.g. a Matki shower cubicle - I'm a bathroom & kitchen designer & so know just how up-market that is!). Our room(s) had all the facilities you'd expect to a good standard (tv, tea etc). Breakfast was all that we'd hope - plenty of it, and all really good. I'm saving the best till last (at the risk of encouraging some price inflation) - we've stayed in slightly grotty B&B's in the area before for the SAME money. Padley Farm offers fantastic value for (not a lot of) money! We'll be back! ... as we come up to visit our daughter who is a student at Sheffield University (15 mins to her student house close to the centre of the city) ... Colin & Jenny Brown (Wokingham).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ColinandJennyBrown
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights whist my Dad was in Sheffield Hospital for an operation.

I found the place very easily with the help of my trusty Sat Nav. The B&B has a decent sized car park which I had no problem finding a space in. Was welcomed by the owners and their lovely dog and shown to my room.

When I entered the hall of the building, I loved all the exposed beams and wooden staircase leading up to my room. There are also pictures of how the farm used to look which is a nice touch.

The room I was given was massive! I had the double bed to myself, a lovely leather rocking chair, desk, tea and coffee making facilitates and TV / DVD player with free-view so I had all my creature comforts :D I also had under floor heating which was really handy if you needed to get up during the night to the loo.

My bathroom was also very nice with a large shower cubicle and the usual toilet and sink with plenty of shower gel and lovely fresh towels.

Breakfast was also grrrreaat. Food was lovely and tasty.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo