“Excellent staff, Thankyou!”

Ranked #200 of 1,483 Restaurants in Sheffield
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been coming to The Admiral Rodney for many years and have seen it change hands several times but it has always been a fantastic place to eat.
The location is wonderful with stunning views out to the Bradfield Countryside towards the Peak District which you can see from both inside or from the spacious outdoor seating area.
We have always found the food and service to be a very good standard and staff are always very helpful and friendly.
I felt I needed to do a review on the FANTASTIC service we received last month. Me and my husband went in on a weekday evening for some food. All was going well and staff were helpful as always but then unfortunately my husband began having an anxiety attack. We have often found people awkward or not very understanding in these situations in the past, but the staff at The Admiral Rodney were second to none,
In particular, Dean was extremely understanding and really helped calm my husbands nerves. He took time out from his busy shift to stand at our table and calmly spoke to us and showed so much compassion and understanding. He even boxed up our food for us to take home. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He is an absolute credit to to the Rodney. Other staff members [Sorry not sure of your names!] were aware of the situation and asked if we were ok and were just generally wonderful in a difficult situation.
Thanks so much, keep up the good work and we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I visited this place for a Sunday Lunch on 8th June. I had already chosen my food from the website & was really looking forward to it. We took our dog, as we noticed on the site we could eat Al Fresco (outside). I sat outside whilst my Hubby went to order the food, he had been gone a while, I then noticed him storm out of the door with a face like thunder, uh oh!! A few members of staff behind the bar had walked past him, without even asking if he had been served, no eye contact. No acknowledgment whatsoever. A female member of staff was busy at the till whilst my Hubby was stood waiting, a gent walked in and stood Nr my Hubby,waiting to be served. The female member of staff,left the till, walked straight past my Hubby & served the Gent stood next to him who had just walked in........Damn Rude & Ignorant. My Hubby and I run a business from home, so know how to treat Customers with only the best service. I will spread the word that this place doesn't deserve custom.

3  Thank plummywright
Reviewed 6 June 2014

just been to the admiral Rodney I would only give it 4 out of 10 the steak was very tuff my daughter had the chicken and leek pie couldn't find the filling wouldn't go back but the view from the beer garden was fab

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good service, good food and reasonable prices. Outside eating area and plenty of parking. Large selection of beers.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We took our son and soon to be daughter-in-law for what would be our last get together before the big day. The waitress was very pleasant and took our drinks order whilst we viewed the menu. The drinks arrived, and as it's a habit of mine, I immediately checked my wine glass to see if it was clean. Unfortunately it wasn't, all it takes is for the waitress to check the glass before pouring the wine, I hate dirty glasses. Our meal was average for what we paid . The battered mushrooms had been halved before being served. I reckoned there was about 4 mushrooms used in my starter along with a small portion of garlic mayo and a handful of lettuce. This I reckoned would have cost approx 80p to cook at home. The pie crust was huge but not a lot inside. My husbands steak was ok. After deserts we wear enjoying the rest of our drinks when we were presented with the bill even though we hadn't asked for it. Dont think we will be going back in the near future.