“Superb”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Superb”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

If this is the one in Brookhouse then it is second to none. Super hospitality, food quality and ambience. Family friendly too. Excellent!

“My first Thai food experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Iv never had Thai food before so I was a little nervous to try it, but there was a great selection to choose from. For starters I had vegetable spring roles which were well presented and extremely nice. For main I had duck in sweet and sour source with pineapple and spring onion also for sides dishes we had chips, sticky nice and noodles which there was plenary to share. My main was delicious and I would defiantly have it again. My experience was really good and I would defiantly go back and recommend it to friends and family.

• Visited August 2013
sheffield
“Awful disappointing experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Well what an awful night! Booked a table for 8.30 and arrived just before. 2 of the four of us had starters and waited 20 mins for them, the mains took 1 .hr 40 mins! They were busy but no one approached us to offer an explanation and we had to get up and ask twice. No one wanted to know and the staff purposely avoided us and acted quite rude.

The wrong dishes were brought out followed by cold 'super noodles' from a packet! My sweet and sour veg had no onions, one piece of cucumber and tomato with soggy greens and rock hard cauliflower.

The other 3 dishes were nice but the service was awful and wait time not acceptable. Avoid.

• Visited April 2013
Sheffield
“ALOY MAK MAK”
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

The Thai at The Travellers is one of my favourite places to eat and it's only 10 minutes drive from home - what a winner!

This time it was my birthday and the lovely owner, Keng, made a real fuss of us. There were around 15 people in on a Thursday evening and the service was excellent. We shared Laab Gai (Thai salad) which was fresh, tasty and beautifully balanced: sweet, spicy, sour and salty then I had my favourite green curry with prawns and my husband had duck with chilli and holy basil.

Everything was presented with carved raw carrot flowers and fresh salad - my favourite bit of crunch and the Pad Thai was fresh and tasty too - they also do chilli fried rice on the specials - that's delicious. If you like spicy, then ask for the food Thai style; it will really challenge the chilli lovers.

I love the food here - it's always good and there's always a friendly welcome. Thank you Thai at the Travellers!

Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Good food again.”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

A revisit for my daughters birthday,having enjoyed meals in the past. The food we had was very good we tend to go for the vegetarian options and find their tofu dishes a delight. Both starters and mains arrived piping hot and went down a treat. Service was a little bit slower as there were fewer waitresses working, maybe because midweek, though the place was pretty busy. We tend to visit for special occasions as we feel it is a bit pricey. The veggie dishes are a bit cheaper, although with veggies in the family we choose them from preference anyway.
If you have not been it would be worth trying one of the buffet nights(approx every 6 weeks)
Booking is advisable though as they are very busy

• Visited September 2012