“Student digs!”

William's Apartments Sheffield City Centre
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We arrived at our apartment on Saturday at 4.30pm to a closed office and no one answering the phone - we stood in the rain for 15 minutes trying to get hold of someone so this was not a good start! When we managed to contact someone they said they had tried to phone me - this was not true. If they had I would surely have an answer phone message.

When I got back to work on Monday they had e mailed my work e mail address on a Saturday afternoon with instructions on how to enter the property. An hour before we arrived.

If I stay again I will be sure to get this information before I set off!! We were told when we booked that there would be someone in the office.

The 3 bed apartment we stayed in was pretty grotty to be honest - Needs a right good clean, there was scum round the taps in the kitchen, dirty marks everywhere but luckily we were only using it as somewhere to sleep for the night. I wouldn't want to stay longer than that. The pictures on this site really do not reflect the apartment we stayed in, it was more like student accommodation.

I would probably stay again though as the price is not bad but only for 1 night!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for William's Apartments Sheffield City Centre

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Going to theatre with another couple, we wanted somewhere to stay where we could relax together and have a drink and a chat in comfort, without spending a fortune on hotel bar prices. City Lodgings fit the bill as it has one, two and three bedroom appartments. We got a good deal on two 1 bedroom apartments - 50% reduction through booking.com, but were upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment when we got there.

The location was excellent, rooms were all large, comfortable and clean. A lovely hot and powerful shower with a decent sixed kitchen if you were staying long enough to have to cook any meals.

Only 2 negative points really - for a 3 bedroomed apartment / flat, they only had 2 mugs and not enough crockery in general if 6 people were staying.

Good do with redecorating - a lick of paint would just give it that finishing touch that would make the apartments excellent overall. Having said that, if I went back to Sheffield and needed to stay overnight, I would definitely reuse this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

For what we paid then these apartments are certainly value for money.
£140 for 6 people can't be wrong.
Amazing location slap bang central. Staff happy and friendly :-)
Yes agree with the "terrible" review maintenance needs sorting but bed comfy, situ good and happy with price.... Never expected the Dorchester for that!
Perfect place to hang your hat on a short break

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

i booked the apartment and got it for £49 for one night. we arrived at 2pm and the check in place was closed so rang them up and they someone down within minutes. The person who greeted us was a cleaner i think as it wasn't very welcoming. The manager then came up to the apartment ten minutes later and was very helpful and welcoming. We stayed here because we wanted something a little different and the table and chairs outside bit are lovely, we sat outside and had a few drinks as it had been a really hot day. A few small bits could do with a little attention, in parts it looks a little worn however we enjoyed our stay and would probably stay again. It was quite noisy at night, there seemed to be people below our window drinking so we couldn't have the windows open.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here as a family at the start of April. It was great to have the extra lounge space and kitchen facility, compared to a Travelodge but the location on a main artery into the city was so noisy that I needed ear plugs each night and it meant we couldn't have the windows open. The apartment was rather tired and could do with some attention but it was clean and the bathroom was spacious. The kitchen was disappointing; there was no microwave and only 4 plates, 4 mugs, 4 forks etc. There was only 3 sofa/chair seats in the lounge, so one of us had to sit on a dining chair all evening whilst watching the TV. However, the beds were large and comfy and the reception staff were helpful and friendly. We found it difficult to actually find the lodgings in the first place due to the frustrating one way system in Sheffield and our sat-nav tried to take us down illegal routes.....very annoying!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is the first time for me to stay at an 'apartment-hotel' style place.

Its different. Its also far better than the IBIS which is just around the corner. Its clean, comfortable, it a little worn in parts.

The service on arrival, and before hand during booking excellent.

I chose this type of accommodation, simply as I didn't want t suffer on the hard beds of the cheaper hotels. I also wanted to be able to warm up a meal and feel a little 'home-from-home'. This provided all that and more.

Will certainly do this again.

Room Tip: Take your own tea bags, and proper milk ;-)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Service and employees were absolutely amazing! My wife and I stayed for a total of three months (visiting from the US) and they did everything possible to ensure that we remained comfortable. We were so comfortable in our apartment that we didn't want to ever leave. I would give this company an A+++ for both service and facilities. If I ever return, I will stay exclusively with City Lodgings.

Room Tip: City Lodgings has multiple locations so feel free to ask for options.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business