Holiday Inn Sheffield
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)
1,126 results
All reviewsroyal victoriaexecutive roomold railwayrailway hotelsat navtwo double bedscity centremain barlovely old buildingseparate showeroriginal featuresmodern bathroomafternoon tealovely hotelchatsworth housechristmas partypublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Not too impressed, have stayed at Holiday Inn's before but this was the smallest room I have ever had. We had 3 rooms booked well in advance of our stay, yet, 2 were next to each other, and our room might as well been out in the Hilton next door it would have been closer!!!!. It is very hard to get to this hotel, so try to look at google streetview etc ahead of time. The room was so small that you couldn't really get down one side of the bed, and the bathroom was very poorly designed, if you are any bigger that say a female size 16 you will have a bit of a job to sit on the loo that is wedged between the bath and the sink.

The room was so unbearably hot overnight, yet we could not turn the heating down, so even with the fan going and the window open it was too hot, to sleep, we also had a problem with the lights!!! they kept flickering on and off all night, but did mention this to the receptionist when we checked out.

Just one other point, the TV is impossible to work, I think you need a PHD to even get it to come on, and no instructions in the room

Room Tip: Room 358 shouldn't be classed as a double, can't comment on others
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorraine R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Lorraine R,

Thank you for leaving a detailed review of your stay. We give the utmost importance to your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret the condition of the room and amenities you received was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business, and as the previous reviewer said, finding it in the dark rush hour due to Sheffield's bizzare road system was the only downside as my sat nav kept trying to take me up bus lanes and the wrong way round the one way system. I would suggest printing out a birds eye view from google maps to help you get your bearings. However, the location is great if you plan to walk into the city. I arrived frazzled but soon wound down once in my very nice comfortable room. I had booked an executive room which, judging by other reviews was the best thing to do. It had everything I needed to make this home for two days, a comfortable bed, armchairs, desk, fridge, large TV, and a new and gleamingly clean bathroom with bath and shower, I can't comment on the bars or restaurant as I made use of room service which was good quality and served very quickly. The hotel itself is full of olde worlde charm, very Victorian in decor and so much nicer than the bland magnolia corridors of many a hotel. Staff were without exception very friendly and helpful, especially the poor man on reception who was patiently trying to explain how to navigate the road system to get where I needed to be! All in all a great stay and I'd definitely return but by train next time

Room Tip: Book an executive room
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed here recently for a business conference nearby. Finding the hotel was the most difficult and tiring part of the day, taking over an hour to find in Sheffield's manic rush hour and one way/bus lane system. However once parked in the hotel's car park I immediately started to relax.

The facade of the hotel is imposing, the interior decor displaying a bygone age, the rooms however have plenty of modern features. I stayed in the new wing, which was in the process of being redecorated. The bathrooms are quite clearly recently completed, the bedroom felt a little tired but perfectly fit for purpose.

The breakfast buffet is more than ample and was included in my hotel rate. There is a £5 per car charge for parking, which may or may not be included in your stay rate - check with reception. The lift is a little small, no way would you fit 10 people in, despite the claims on the display, however if you are happy to use the stairs they are utterly beautiful to behold.

The staff I spoke to were polite and courteous. Everything was carried out with an airof efficiency. I would recommend to others but only those with a sense of direction and an ability to read maps!!!

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

My wife, both kids and I just stayed the one night as we were going to a concert at the Sheffield Arena. To be fair we were just using the place as somewhere to sleep for the night. The location is good, its easy to get to and there's ample parking which they charge you £5.00 for. Its only a ten minute walk to the city centre and all the bars etc. In our room we had two double beds. I have to say that the room was excellent value for the price. We didnt have breakfast in the hotel. I would certainly stay again if I needed to be in Sheffield for the night.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I use the facilities here quite a lot and have always found the amenities and food absolutely first rate. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether this is a short or long stay.The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough.