“Very pleasant surprise from Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Sheffield
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The whole experience from start to finish was very enjoyable. The reception staff we met were very friendly and the check-in process was very quick and efficient. The room was lovely, spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was very large and spacious, with only one small niggle that there was not enough hanging rails for towels.
We had a wonderful meal on our first night in the restaurant, it took us ages to choose as there was so much we wanted to try. We were not disappointed as everything was excellent. The staff in the dining room both for evening meal and breakfasts were very polite, friendly and knowledgably. We had afternoon tea on the second day which was very scrumptious. On the second night after having afternoon tea we only had a bar snack in the cocktail lounge, this was very tasty and in pleasant surroundings.
We left feeling that we would want to come back to stay. Only small grumble, nothing on website says about parking charges, this should be pointed out so not a shock.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patsylandin
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear patsytlandin

Thank for your review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found your stay enjoyable. I have noted your excellent comments about dinner and shall be passing this onto the chefs and restaurant staff.

I took extra pleasure in seeing the pictures of the afternoon tea and that you felt it was scrumptious.

Thank you once again, and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Hermann Beck

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

A good hotel for a short stay and good value for money. Staff were excellent, friendly, helpful, thoroughly professional. The hotel looked a bit careworn in places. Our room had chips out of the plaster board by one of the beds and the windo was difficult to open on a baking hot day and night. Had it not been for the fan we would have had a very unpleasant night's sleep. Otherwise the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear carolsoriginalprints

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria.

I have noted your comments, and we have plans of refurbishment in the public areas and bedrooms beginning with new furniture in the grand lounge bar.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe how wonderful the staff were. I was upgraded to a better room on arrival and the receptionist Paige went out of her way to help with my enquiries. The room was lovely and the shower was fab! I stay in hotels all the time as part of my job, but this has been the best ever, very impressed indeed, The breakfast was second to none, absolutely outstanding service, just hope I get to vcisit Sheffield again, so I can book this hotel once more. Well Done Holiday Inn Sheffield Keep up the amazing service!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Al174

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was so pleased to read that you found our hotel the best ever.

Your comments are exceptional and I shall be passing all you have said onto the team, I am sure they will be delighted to hear your thoughts especially Paige.

I do hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed here last weekend for a few days, was upgraded to an excutive room due to priority club which is always a good start. All staff very friendly and helpful. In my opinion hotel could do with a lick of paint does seem a little dated. Rooms were of a good size separate shower and bath which is always a plus. No toilet roll holder though which I did find strange. Some great gym facilities on site too which I took advantage of. Quiet a good location only a short walk to the city centre and the tram stops.
All in all a pleasant stay and I would return to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gc1982

Dear gc1982

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive comments from our guests. I shall pass on your comments onto the team.

As a hotel if we have availability it is our pleasure to offer priority club members an upgrade.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We attended friends' wedding at the Royal Victoria. What a gem! It retains all the atmosphere and grandeur of the old Railway Hotel with brilliant service.The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were spotless with choice of firm or soft pillows. Fantastic shower. Our friends married in the stunning ballroom. Buffet laid on was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was great with again very helpful staff. We had a wonderful time and would definately stay here again. The only drawback is that Sheffield council seem to be isolating what should be a treasured building by putting roads around it. It took us 45 mins to acutally find where the entrance was although we could see the hotel! Many of our friends had the same problem! However the tasty cup of coffee on arrival soon calmed stressed nerves!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine W
Hermann B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Janine W

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was delighted to read how you found our staff friendly and I shall be passing on these comments.

As a hotel we are lucky to have a ballroom in which we can hold private dinners , weddings and conferences for up to 400 people.

I am glad that overall you found the day fantastic. I have noted your comments about finding the hotel and we are working on trying to improve this.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to on your next visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Had a lovely stay at this hotel, staff are really helpful can't do enough for you. Rooms spacious and very clean. Brilliant location ten minute walk into town. Would recommend highly.for weekend away or even for one night. Reasonable price. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mckaw

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay. It is always extra special when our guests comment on the hotel staff, I shall be passing these comments onto the team.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have just returned from a weekend at The Royal Victoria, Holiday Inn, and cant recommend it enough. The Hotel was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We only had breakfast so cant comment on the restaurant, but breakfast was excellent and Anu went out of his way to make sure we were all happy. We would stay here again next time in Sheffield.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear harveyhotelhound

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is always a pleasure to read such positive comments.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Sheffield on your next visit.