“Great”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Parking can be limited but apparently there is another car park near the facinity which is charged at a reduced rate. Other than that, great hotel, good customer service and bang in the middle of it all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy6UK
Novotel-Sheffield, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback you have given with regards to your recent stay here at the Novotel.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We came up to Sheffield for a night out and needed a centrally located hotel. We booked a twin room over the Internet for the bargain price of £40 including breakfast for us both.

It was around 19:30 when we arrived at the hotel. There was no room in the car park, so we had to use Q park around the corner. The hotel gave us a discount voucher which meant it only cost £7.60 for the parking overnight.

Checking in was slow. Once that was done we took one look at our room and went straight back to reception. The twin room was actually a queen sized bed and a sofa. No use to us so we asked for a proper twin room. This one had two separate single beds, although they seemed much narrower than normal.

We tried the hotel bar before moving on. It was very expensive, two pints and a bottle cost £13.

That nights sleep was difficult in a bed this narrow. I'm sure single beds aren't normally like that?

The breakfast the next morning helped redeem the hotel though. It was excellent with a good selection of fresh items too eat.

Overall I'd say for the price of £40 for the room with breakfast included it was good value. Especially being right in the centre of Sheffield. Next time I'd definitely want a bigger bed though.

Room Tip: The single beds are extremely narrow.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank pencer

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Good room for the price we payed however small with small bathroom , nice bar area , pool looked basic , good location . Would maybe try somewere different next time due to the size of the rooms .

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SamanthaJC18

South coast England
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was very grumpy when I arrived at this hotel. My drive had taken over 8 hours. (Expected journey time should have been 5 hours max: gruesome Friday UK summer motorways.) Receptionist asked: ‘How was I?’ I told her I was grumpy. She handled this well, suggesting I join the wedding party for a drink. She had correctly worked out I was part of the wedding party. This was a very nice reception, and soothed my mood.

Hotel room? Advertised as 4 star, but this is stretching things a little. Bedrooms are rather small and somewhat basically furnished for 4 star status. In particular, the mattress was very thin indeed; and the pillows undernourished. I would designate my room as high end 3 star. It was comfortable for a 2-night stay. Very central location. Pleasant ambience. Nice (somewhat expensive) breakfast. The Mecure hotel next door must be a very close competitor. Because of the mattresses (it matters when you are grumpy) I will try the Mecure if I ever need to return to Sheffield.

Did I mention the Novotel has an underground car park? I managed to get a place when needed (but £8 per night). I’m not sure whether the Mecure offers this (and if not, that would make a difference to my future choice).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Silverhill
Novotel-Sheffield, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Booked and paid for 2 rooms 5 months in advance on the Novotel website and rang the hotel direct the day before to confirm the booking, which they did. On checking in early in the afternoon, we were moved to an inferior hotel on the edge of the city centre as the Novotel had mislaid our booking. The Novotel has said they will pay £8 for our additional taxi fares.
The Novotel has apologised but has not explained what actually happened nor that if I book and pay in advance, I will not be bumped again. Therefore I will be avoiding Novotel and Accor group hotels in future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WHardy2013
Iain B, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 15 February 2017
Sorry there was an issue with your reservation

Iain