Novotel Sheffield Centre
US$112
US$104
  • Pool
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$111
US$90
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
US$105
US$84
1,653 results
All reviewsseparate toilettrain stationcar parkswimming poolexecutive roomnespresso machinesteam roompeace gardenswinter gardensofa bedmini fridgecentral locationcrucible theatreq parkafternoon teafew minutes walkexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I checked in and went to my room, the room was freezing cold as someone had left the window open. I shut the window, but the room didn't warm up - the heating system was broken. Reception had someone bring up a portable heater, which did the job.

I needed internet access so found 2 options - £9.50 for broadband only and £9.99 for broadband and pay TV. I selected the latter. First, the broadband was anything but broadband. The fastest speed I got was 12k/s. I got faster speeds using my mobile as a hotspot. Second, the TV would crash part way through a movie or even free TV, and restart itself. The menu options kept failing to load, which meant reloading a film didn't work.

The reception start were friendly enough and I can't really fault them, but this hotel seriously needs to sort out its technology offerings if it is going to charge for them.

The hotel has a car park - 1 point for that! There is a restaurant and a gym, room service is available too.

All in all, I don't think I would stay there again, there must be better hotels in Sheffield.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at Novotel Sheffield. I was disappointed to read that you encountered various technology issues during your stay. I can assure you that the issues raised have now been rectified and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2012

we booked for one night and had very comfortable stop we were even upgraded for no extra cost breakfast was very good. The pool was a little tired looking and could do with a refurbish.
The hotel is located very close to the centre of Sheffield and most things are in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharon T, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay here ath the Novotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I use this hotel regularly when in Sheffield to visit family. It is centrally located and has it's own car park (chargeable) which is unusual for a city centre hotel but very handy! Being right in the city centre, shops and restaurants are only a couple of minutes walk away.

The rooms are the standard Novotel layout and decor which means they are quite plain but you have everything you need including a large, comfortable bed, curtains that shut all the light out and a great shower. The housekeeping is always good with the rooms kept very clean.

The hotel has an small indoor pool and a fitness room, both of which have been recently refurbished and a great for relaxing at the end of the day.

Breakfast is a buffet-style with lots of choice of both hot and cold. At weekends the hotel can get very busy which does sometimes means a bit of a wait for items to be replenished but this is only a minor inconvenience.

The staff are all very friendly and welcoming, especially Jamie on Reception, which ensures my repeat business at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regrding your recent stay here at Novotel Sheffield Centre. we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Overall it was satisfactory, however I have stayed in much better Novotel's. The service for breakfast was the real let down, a combination of not enough staff, poor management, and lack of customer service gave a bad experience. I may have just got them on a bad day though?! The food choice was good, but having to wait for individual items made it impossible to have a complete warm breakfast at any point. Also I have to mention the staff members that are "too important" to deal with check in queue's - totally wrong attitude - two men in particular that was busy doing "nothing" but happy to let check in girls struggle with the queue. If i was their boss they would have had a stern talking too, and if they are the "boss" they should really know better!!! Was handy for what I needed but don't think i'll stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I would be grateful if you would contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay further.