“Well situated city hotel”

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Well situated city hotel”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Efficient and friendly frontdesk, with a modern and airy reception and bar area. Excellent breakfast, easy parking on site for £12 per day, free WiFi in rooms. However, the hotel is let down by the standard of the bedrooms - all white with woodchip effect walls and artex ceiling, no mini bar, minimal toiletries, 2 thin plastic glasses giving it a cheap motel feel. Good price, but overall unlikely to revisit which is a shame because it is so well situated, with an excellent breakfast!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank j w
Novotel Sheffie... C, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear j w,

Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased you liked the hotel and our breakfast offer. Sorry to hear the room was not to your liking and I hope we could encourage you to use one of our executive rooms if you visit Sheffield again.

K Ikulayo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Me and my Newly wed husband stayed here for one night for our mini honeymoon, The location was very good as it was right in the city centre, the staff were all friendly and always happy to help you,We stayed in the queen suite which I would say was romantic and cosy very spacious, The hotel was very clean, There were a few bad points.....The drain in our bathroom sink smelt quite bad, and the hotel was very overpriced for what you got and we had to wait nearly an hour for our food, The swimming pool was on the ground floor so everyone could see you and was very small. I would recommend this hotel for mainly business people and for stop-overs.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Megan L,

Thank you for staying at the Novotel Sheffield Centre. I'm pleased you enjoyed your mini honeymoon staying in one of our suites.

Please accept my apologies about the sink and your meal delay. We have now addressed these.

Look forward to welcoming you back for an anniversary, perhaps,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Lovely hotel, situated right near Sheffield city centre and close to the train station. This hotel would appeal to people on business however I stayed here with my mum in a suite and it was lovely. The room was very spacious and clean and the staff were friendly. It is very modern inside and clean.
Room service was lovely and the breakfasts were great too!
Would recommend staying here but not for young couples or big families.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Novotel Sheffie... C, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear LSD2013,

Thank you for posting your thoughts.

I'm delighted that you and your mum enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will stop round again next time you are in Sheffield.

Luton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel is clean and in a great position for access to the town centre.
The room was good, standard. The car parking is expensive and very small. The breakfast is very good with a variety of foods to choose from and well cooked. The swimming pool is extra small and not very easy to access as it is downstairs and locked up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear David179,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad to see you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We offer limited parking but there is a much larger alternative about a 1-2 minute walk from our entrance. You are correct with your assessment of the pool, it is only meant to be a small relaxation area which we keep locked in order to be able to monitor access and ensure our guests can enjoy it.

I do hope your stay was a nice one regardless and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a conference for 20 people - very helpful staff esp Amalia who paid attention to the specific needs of our group. Everything surpassed our expectations on arrival. The catering team did a marvellous job preparing our lunches with a completely different menu full of treats each day. Evening meal and breakfast was ok. The rooms were comfortable. We had to get our duvet cover changed once due to some minor red staining but that didn't detract from the overall experience. Very enjoyable, and would definitely recommend booking your conferences at Novotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Yusuf G,

I am really pleased that your conference event with us was a success and that my team were available to ensure things ran smoothly. I will share your comments with Amalia and I am certain she will be delighted.

Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you again next time you are in Sheffield.

Rhyl, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here as we'd booked tickets at the 02 Academy, the Novotel is literally a 2 minute walk and was a great location.

The car park is very small and costs £12 for 24 hours, we didn't look at the other car parks but there is an NCP by the 02 which may not be as cheap but is probably a better car park, the hotel is more like a delivery bay with bays.

We were checked in by a lovely lady who offered us an upgrade and informed us of breakfast etc. The room was clean with separate toilet to the bathroom, sofa, queen size bed and flat screen TV.

On entering the room the toilet was to the left with the wardrobe and tea/coffee facilities to the right, there was then another door which at first I thought was strange but it was actually really good as it helped to block out any noise from the corridor.

The shower was awesome, two heads so you can choose which ever one you prefer, we were nearly late for the concert it was so nice.

Downsides;
The bed was very hard, I have bad joints so having a hard bed is very uncomfortable and made me ache which kept me awake.
We ordered breakfast to be delivered to the room between 9-9:30am, housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:55am, no apology just a "I'll call back later", check out isn't until 12:00 so surelly housekeeping could check who's still in their rooms. I do have to say that breakfast was delivered on time and was lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire C
Dear Claire C,

Thank you for your review. Pleased to see that you had a nice welcome to the hotel and that the romm layout was functional for you. I am sorry to hear about the disturbance by the housekeeping team and will address this immediately.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We Stayed here in December and booked a executive room! that was a joke surely the room was filthy with pubic hairs all over the toilet and bathroom floor its a good job we got complimentary slippers ( only one pair though for 2 guests) the bed was poorly made and the carpet in the room was again filthy . We tried to use the iron this didn't work and rang down to ask for another which they brought this also didn't work, the water ran out of the bottom through the electrics , rang down again and was brought the first iron back that didn't work. I then took the iron and board myself and was given another and when i complained about the iron saga and the filthy room was told that somebody would come and speak to me. I'm still waiting. Avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Novotel Sheffie... C, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear jammy64,

Thank you for posting your feedback. I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us in December. Please rest assured that I will be investigating this and acting on them. I will be grateful to discuss this further with you if you could contact me on 01142781781 or h1348-gm@accor.com

Once again I apologise your stay was not up to expectation.