“Lived up to all expectations. ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Novotel Sheffield Centre
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Sheffield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lived up to all expectations. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiance stayed here for a romantic city getaway and we were not disappointed. The hotel was modern, clean and very comfortable. Our room was a basic room by this hotels standard, yet it still had all the facilities I'd expect from better rooms of similar tier hotels

Breakfast was tasty and a decent variety was on offer. The location is fantastic, and the price Inc breakfast was very good value for money. I could only complain about one thing, that was the incredibly noisy party of women who had obviously had a very good night before and took great delight in telling each other about they're antics and how many times they vomited. This is of course not the hotels fault but it was quite busy and I think it would have been good if the breakfast manager had politely asked them to consider the other hotels guests. Maybe I'm just being picky or a grump but it fell just short of 5*s because of this.

On the whole a fantastic hotel that I will stay at again and will be recommending to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Novotel Sheffie... C, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear AlexanderH150,

I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your break at the Novotel Sheffield Centre. Please accept my apology about the disturbance at breakfast. Sometimes we do have to rely on other guests to be aware of their surroundings and at the same time afford them their space. We will look into your comments and ensure we always address these sort of situations in the best possible manner.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Kind Regards
K Ikulayo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight Saturday. We visit family in Sheffield regularly and have stayed in a number of hotels in Sheffield. The Novetel has proved to be the best we have stayed in. Staff well trained and very helpful. Hotel room very good standard. Breakfast excellent.
We shall use the Novetel when we visit Sheffield again and will advise friends and colleagues to do the same.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel Sheffie... C, General Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Sue M,

I appreciate your review of the Novotel Sheffield Centre and I am please that we have yet another guest who enjoyed the helpfulness and service of the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I went to The Novotel in Sheffield for afternoon tea using a living social voucher.
Our expectations were not high,going to this very modern business and conference centred hotel.
What a pleasant and unexpected surprise.
The entire experience was wonderful.Attentive,polite and knowledgable staff,a tremendous array of terrific finger smnadwiches (and plenty of them) including smoked salmon,prawn,egg mayo, cheese and pickle and ham,.
Lovely cakes and scones with thick cornish cream and pots of Tiptree jams.
The tea was well made and delicious.
Robert, the manager couldn't do enough for us and even offered and brought us a plate of extra sandwiches at no charge.I have never known this at any tea room anywhwere in the UK.The price was very competitive and the whole experience was wonderful.We will be returning very soon with or without a voucher

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Novotel Sheffie... C, Events Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Graham497,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your Afternoon Tea experience at Novotel Sheffield. I am pleased to see we exceeded your expectations and you will be returning in the near future.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Kind regards
Care Malloy
Eents Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Sheffield and I was pleasantly surprised. The Novotel is also a pleasant surprise. Is is nice clean* bright hotel next to the lovely winter gardens and just round the corner from the theatres and galleries. My room was spacious and the bed comfy. I particularly liked the thoughtfully placed power socket at the side of the headboard so I could charge my phone but still keep it within reach. The bathroom was functional and quite stylish but they really need to remove the bits of black mouldy grout * which let's the room down. Still pretty good I would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bill E,

Thank you for the review.

I am pleased that we were able to contribute to a pleasant stay in Sheffield for you. I take note of your comments about the grout and can assure you that we are dealing with this.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards,