DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park
Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$115
US$90
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Sheffield City(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
US$82
US$76
Priceline
Hampton By Hilton Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$74
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,752 results
All reviewsdouble treechatsworth breakwarm cookieschatsworth houseon arrivallounge barpeak districtleisure facilitiessteam room and saunaafternoon tealovely hotelchanging roomsshort breakplenty of parkingrestaurant staffexcellent stayreception staff
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We took a 2 day break on a deal with dinner bed and breakfast option. We found te food to be very good. All staff that we came into contact with were personable and efficient, without being condescending.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at the Sheffield Park Hotel. I am pleased you had a satisfactory stay with us and as a result would recommend our Hotel to others. Positive comments, such as yours, are a great source of motivation to our team. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Sounds as though reception may have confused us with previous poster dsac! We got a double room when we had booked a twin and were promptly moved (next door) when we pointed this out. The original double had no "executive" trappings but the twin did! Suspect all rooms are actually identical and the upgrades are just the little extra bits and pieces; incidentally, our bathrobes were lovely and soft if a little bit tight for someone as "big-boned" as me.
All staff very pleasant, rooms and public areas well-presented, nice pool etc though changing rooms a bit busy, scary bar prices.
Good value on the Travel Zoo package, dinner fine despite limited choice, bit disappointed with breakfast - had to ask, then wait for, fried eggs and when tried poached eggs, these were not runny, but virtually raw.
Slightly odd surroundings but conveniently located for trips in all directions.
Worth a go, if the price is right.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the offers!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for reviewing the Sheffield Park Hotel following your stay. I was sorry to learn that on arrival an error was made in respect of the room type requested and understand this was swiftly rectified. As part of the package an Executive Room is allocated. These rooms differ in decor from our standard rooms and offer an enhanced luxury feel. In addition these rooms are also available with further enhancements such as bathrobes, slippers, freshly baked cookies, upgraded toiletries, free newspaper. It appears that the twin room you stayed in had all the additional items and I genuinely hope you enjoyed them! With regards to the bar prices I would like to clarify that the Hotel has increased its prices in line with the increase in VAT and most the most recent Duty increase. I can assure you that the Hotel is not 'adding' any further increases as we are well aware of the general economic climate. It is for the very same reason the Hotel offers so many good value packages! In respect of dinner I would like to highlight that all of our guest can opt to dine from our a la carte menu and are in no way restricted to dine of one particular menu. Any additional charges incurred can simply be paid for on departure. I have noted your comment regarding breakfast and will ensure this addressed with our kitchen brigade. I trust my reply will go some way in restoring your faith and I hope we can welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

My wife and I had a 2 night stay on a Friday and Saturday night at the beginning of April 2011.
The restaurant needs some attention and the staff a great deal of training.
A great number of the tables almost give you seasickness because they are unstable and rock badly when you touch them – a little effort by the maintenance department could instantly cure the problem. We had to move table frequently to find a stable table!
On our first night in the restaurant we were asked if we would like a pre-meal drink. I asked what draught lagers were available and the waiter did not know and asked ‘shall I find out for you’!!!!!
When later I asked if bread was available I was greeted with ‘oh would you like some bread’.
On the second night (Saturday) I tried to reserve a table at 7.30pm but was told that the restaurant was full at that time but that 8.15 would be available, to which I agreed.
On entering the restaurant at 8.15 it was only one-third full, with part of it already set for breakfast the next day, and met some new found friends who explained that they had entered the restaurant at 7.30 and that it was empty!!!!!
It then became obvious that because the hotel had a ‘party’ in another part of the hotel that the restaurant staff were needed there and this resulted in the restaurant being unable to function properly.
At the end of the meal all guests were required to queue up at the ‘greeters stand’ to sign for the meal and drinks that they had had. Our friends must have queued for a good 10 minutes. A very unprofessional way!!!!!!!!

The food was good but the management of the restaurant was very poor.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback following your stay. It is evident from your comments that the biggest disappointment was the level of service in the Restaurant for which I apologise. Within our team the Hotel employs many young people, with excellent personal skills. Naturally, training is provided, however your comments indicate an opportunity for improvement which we will gladly take on board and work on. You are right in indicating that the Hotel hosted some parties on Saturday. With this in mind and understanding the exact service pressure, the Hotel is always upfront when taking bookings. I accept this may look 'odd' however I am sure you will agree that a 100 cover Restaurant would not accept 100 covers at the same time but aim to 'spread' this to a level that can be managed. I am however concerned that at the end of the meal you had to wait some time prior to being able to sign your bill and apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result. The Hotel will always request a signature as it is a confirmation and agreement to both parties what the charges are. I am surprised that with the service in the restaurant being the only shortfall, you would not recommend our Hotel. I therefore hope that my reply and apology will go some way in restoring your faith in us and that we will have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

We visited the hotel for our 1st wedding anniversary, starting our stay on 01.04.11 and had booked the "Chatsworth House" break. When we arrived, the receptionist was polite, checking in was quick and easy. The problems started when we went to our room expecting it to be an executive room. It was immediately apparent it wasn't - none of the extras we were expecting were included (bathrobes, slippers, luxury toiletries, the room was small, free internet) so we returned to reception to query this. We were informed that there were no executive rooms available, as the offer was dependant on availability (this is not mentioned when you book online!) and I had also already put down our selection for a newspaper (which would have been free with an executive room) which I now learned would be charged to the room. Fair enough, its just a paper, but I would have expected the fact that we weren't getting the room we booked to have been disclosed at check-in, not left for you to discover yourself - most likely the hotel are hoping you won't notice! Not the best first impression. The room however was clean, no dubious stains/damaged furniture and we had a nice view of the garden. The toiletries were sparse, (with a 2in1 shampoo/conditioner, yikes!) as was the tea/coffee, especially for two (I'd take your own!) and not typical of other 4 star hotels we've stayed in. The lovely room service lady was kind enough to supply us with more. Decor was neutral and pleasant enough. Unfortunately, we had what appeared to be an adjoining door to the room next to us. As the door wasn't sealed (I assume since the hotel was busy as a wedding was booked in for the 02.04.11, they had split an adjoining family room into 2 rooms) we could clearly hear just about every word the couple next door uttered, their TV and the friends they had invited in. Hardly romantic and left you feeling rather uncomfortable, and on second thoughts upon our return, as the door appeared to have been in use, it occured to us what would be stopping either party entering the other room? Hardly comforting and we're pleased we made full use of the safe while there! Dinner on the first night began as an absolute shambles. When we turned up, we had to wait 10mins to be seated, as the front-of-house staff handled a difficult customer. Credit to her, she did very well and was very apologetic to us after, but why wasn't the customer taken away to somewhere more private and another staff member step in to assign tables? Not a particularly professional approach. We then waited a further 20mins until someone took our order! The staff in the restaurant are quite young and seem to struggle a little in handling some customers, but were friendly and its nothing training and experience won't fix. When the meal arrived, we were absolutely delighted! It was superb, both the starter and the main, and the house red was very decent too. Things were looking up. We enjoyed our Chatsworth house day out and although the hotel is a little remote (best to eat there to be honest, as another decent restaurant would be a drive away) the deal is good value for money, just don't expect a total 4 star experience, there is certainly room for polish. The spa and pool looked nice, but we didn't get the opportunity to use them. The buffet breakfast was also very nice, with a great selection. My only complaint would be the tea - its horrible! I appreciate its a "fair trade" brand but a decent cuppa goes a long way. I have to admit, we won't return, although the deal with all its "free" elements was very competitive and did swing our choice when booking, I now wish we'd resisted the lure of the freebies and picked a more luxurious 4 star hotel for our special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am naturally disappointed that on this occasion you felt had reason to comment and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. The package provides for an Executive Room subject to availability. I accept however that this is not clear when booking through our third party provider. I have since spoken to them and this has now been rectified. With regards to the additional enhancements I would like to clarify that this is not part of the package on offer nor is this listed anywhere. The Hotel can however at all times add the additional items to the room for a small supplement. I can assure you however that the Hotel does not operate a policy of 'trying to get away with things' as this would not be good for business. I acknowledge the Hotel should have informed you at the first opportunity and am sorry this did not happen. With regards to you finding the supply of in room amenities to be spares I am surprised as you have equally indicated further supplies were provided without any problems? The Hotel is happy, at any time, and as listed in our in room guest directory to provide further items. In respect of our interconnecting rooms I would like to reassure that there is a double door and that each door has a dead bolt thus ensuring there is no security risk. It however appears that, despite two layers, insulation was insufficient for which I am sorry. I have noted your comments regarding the restaurant service and will ensure these are addressed. All in all I am surprised that you would not return as the package is outstanding value. I accept there has been some shortfalls however would like to stress that at £179 much is included; accommodation for two nights, full English breakfast for two on both mornings, dinner for two on the first night along with a bottle of house wine, free car parking, use of leisure facilities and two Chatsworth tickets worth £24! I genuinely would welcome an opportunity to demonstrate that your experience has been an unfortunate one that is not the norm. If you feel you can reconsider coming back I am happy, as a gesture of goodwill, to facilitate that.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

Stayed in a lovely room, which was pretty clean, but the carpets in the corridors had litter on them all week from a wedding at the weekend, and the chairs and sofas in the restaurant were some of the filthiest I have seen - looked more like they belonged in a transport cafe! The mostly young staff (moonlighting students) had been well trained in meeting and greeting, and were very helpful and nice. The Yorkshire folk can be a bit bluff and dour, but these people weren't like that at all. The gym is smallish, but well run and tidy - all the machines worked.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
SheffieldParkHotel, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Many thanks for your comments following your stay at our Hotel. I am genuinely sorry to hear that, on this occasion, you felt had reason to comment and at this late stage can only offer you my most sincere apologies. There are no excuses for the shortfall in standards you have described and it is such a shame as the remainder of your comments are very positive. On the whole 'cleanliness' is an area that the Hotel has scored very well in over a large number of reviews with the overall majority of ratings being 5 out of 5 or 4 out of 5. I genuinely believe the lapse you have experienced is an isolated one. Nevertheless I will ensure the situation will be addressed as a matter of urgency.
It is good to see though that you would recommend our Hotel and I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.