“relaxing experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent service from very accommodating and pleasant staff. Only downside were that air con did not seem to work and hard to pick up wifi on our laptop. However, the latter was probably due to us being oldies. Very helpful and lovely staff !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dudley L
Heather C, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Dudley L,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was sorry to read about the issues with the air conditioning and the internet. Oldie or youngster regardless, it is easy when you know how! I hope our teams were able to assist with any queries.

We hope to see you again soon.

Heather

Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for one night when I was working in the area.

The hotel is of a high standard with well appointed rooms and a good size bathroom. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, including bar / restaurant staff and cleaners.

The evening meal was very good, but the breakfast was nothing special - however this wouldn't put me off staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Doug_1970,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It will be a pleasure to pass on your praise to our teams.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I found the hotel very relaxing. he bed was very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was scrumtous. and th service was excellant with special thanks to Roderick and Charlotte who both gave service with a smile. would highly recommend the spa area a small pool but big enough for a wind down swim before evening meal. the towels in the pool area and bedroom were lovely fluffy white. A fntastic nights stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear lorraines175,
Thank you for a great review. It will be a pleasure to pass on your praise to them team, especially those that you have named. It is great to see you left the hotel feeling relaxed and rested.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I arrived to be told even that even though , this was a corparate booking that i was on room only - I had to have an argument with the lady and then she actually checked her documentation and found that I was correct !! The air con didn't work - very cramped bathroom - a way out of the city - cold and un appetising break fast - however coffee so hot that it burnt my lips !!!
Finally I asked for a copy of the bill and again it appears that the member of staff is only programmed to be confrontational - I stay in hotels every week and have NEVER had an issue with this until now and was told that I couldn't have a copy as it was being charged to a company card - DERR i know that - Delete the card detail as everyone else does and give me a copy - I walked out in total disgust and have had to apologize to our accounts team this morning accordingly
In summary - RUDE - Confrontational - Un co operative and far from the standard that you would expect from a so called 4 star hotel !
I stay in Sheffield a lot on business and had asked for a change of hotel but will not be returning here EVER !!!!
They had also charged the company card in advance of my arrival ? What would of happened if I had cancelled I wonder ??
No folks Business or pleasure go somewhere else - I WOULD !!!!!

Room Tip: dont go there !!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TimFakenham

Dear TimFakenham,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing that you will not be staying with us again, however I am grateful for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was very clean, staff were very helpful, and polite. breakfast was plentiful, with most things you could require. While we were staying there were 2 functions, and the only let down was other resident's noise. I would stay here again. And finally the wifi was excellent. Which is very helpful when travelling.

Dear Nigel S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and that the staff were friendly and polite.

We have lots of great deals for your next stay and our in-house reservations department are happy to help.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Rooms on the small side but a great shower. Decent pillows which is a plus. Bar area served good food with a smile. The breakfast was very poor - what I call a chefs breakfast. Cooked at the kitchens leisure, piled high and left to get cold and hard. Asked for fresh eggs but got more of the same! When will management get hold of these chefs and make them cook for the guests and not for their own convenience? Otherwise an OK hotel.

Dear William R,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very disappointed to see that our breakfast was not enjoyable. We usually get such great feedback about our restaurant, however on this occassion it would seem we clearly fell below our usual high standards.

I am pleased to see that the other areas of the hotel were good with smiles from our teams.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a great time at the Double Tree Hilton Hotel in Sheffield. The staff were really helpful and professional and the service that we received was second to none. The room we stayed in was very clean and modern and looked out over the garden. We ate in the restaurant and our meals were delicious. A great hotel to stay in.

Dear Linda T,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Our teams pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service so it is very rewardig when we receive praise on it.

We look forward to seeing you soon.