“Enjoyed my stay, would recommend.”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here when I had a big night out in Sheffield, pre-booked online so check in took 30 seconds, staff were friendly and polite, the room is decorated nicely (I wanted to keep the brown leather chair but don't think they'd be happy about that....), noise level was minimal, you can hear inconsiderate people letting their door slam but you get that everywhere.

The car park is small so try and get there early at peak days otherwise you have to pay over £13 to park overnight at the nearby NCP.

I would recommend staying here if you can stretch your budget a little rather than staying at the other hotel chains close by.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield from great staff members to the decor of the bedroom.

We have over 120 car parking spaces at the Hilton Sheffield and I am sorry if you had difficulty in parking. If our car park is full, guests can use the privately owned multi story car park located next to the hotel at similar rates to the Hilton Sheffield.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We booked to stay at the Hilton when attending a concert at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield. Paid £99 for room and breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child in a double double room. Excellent value and good service. All staff were helpful and friendly, easy access to supertram to all areas, including the arena. The little touches were lovely, health spa was lovely, even had dryers for your cossies! Breakfast was out of this world, we stay in hotels quite regularly and this was the best for a long time. The buffet choice was excellent. If I had to mention anything negative it would be that wi fi is not available in the room unless you are a Hilton Hotelier Member, but you could just take your ipad downstairs in public areas if you were desperate. Oh and the beds were a little hard, but not enough to stop us coming again. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor and it was fine
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for your comments on this website.

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Hilton Sheffield whilst attending a concert at the Motorpoint Arena.

Your comments regarding Livingwell and breakfast have both been passed onto the Department Managers.

I have taken on board your comments regarding WIFI and chargeable Internet access is available in the room.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stop here maybe ten times per year with my son.Always have a good time.
Pool area not the cleanest but that's down to the patrons not the hotel.
Presently it's 4.37am and I've been awake since 2.30am due to noisy guests down the corridor.Think our Hiton boys weekends may be coming to an end as it's time to find a quieter hotel!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to hear that you experienced noise from other guests during your stay.

The night team will always deal with any noise complaints should they be made aware of them however I am sorry that your stay was marred in such a way.

Thank you for your comments and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

As a couple with a young child we frequently stay two nights at various locations for swimming galas, usually using Premier Inn but this weekend deciding to have a change - and a very pleasant change it was too! Let's look at a few negatives and a few positives too ...

As mentioned in the reviews of others, the lifts can be noisy and as our room was the first door you come to after getting out of the lift on the top floor, the lift mechanism was rather noisy overnight (for goodness sake, how many people go up and down in lifts at 4am?!! – a lot more than you’d expect!)

The beds have sharp corners which easily bruise legs! The other bad thing about the beds is that if you sit up and lean against the headboard, the whole bed moves away on its wheels! The wheels need brakes like hospital beds have!!

The lighting in the rooms is, like so many hotel rooms, "low lighting" - very relaxing but rather too dim to do anything like a bit of homework that we took with us for the weekend.

That's about it for negatives ... now on to the good side of things ...
Upon arrival the room was immaculate and although we never met her, we understand the room had been prepared by "Lisa" - many thanks for doing such a good job!

The room was spacious with two double beds, tv, tea, coffee, biscuits etc ... A decent hairdryer was also included. The shower was excellent, very powerful with different settings. A real high point was the quality of the bedding - beautiful cotton sheets, down & feather pillows and a down duvet which was so light yet so warm, pure luxury! Nice fluffy towels too, mmm ...

My partner and young son tried out the pool, sauna, steam room etc (all free, no charge) - no complaints, all very good and relaxing.

We ate in the restaurant one night and the meal was really good and represented good value for money although the bottle of house red rather pricey (nearly £20!) Child's meal brought first which we appreciate. Now to a real high point -James, the restaurant manager - what a credit to the staff! Such a very dedicated young man (well presented, self-confident, an air of authority) who took a genuine interest in our reason for being there (our son's swimming gala at Ponds Forge) and for whom nothing was too much trouble. I apologise to him if I perhaps pushed the boundaries of inquisitiveness but he answered all my questions and was indeed a most wonderful young man whose mother should be very proud of him!

The car park charges, £5 for 24 hours, but we were there in two cars and after negotiation got one car free, thanks for that. All staff on reception very smart and professional yet friendly, not too stand-off-ish!

All in all, "The Hilton" – sounds a bit posh – and it was indeed posher than a Premier Inn no doubt – it was a good experience and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the lifts!!

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was glad to see that overall you did enjoy your recent stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry that you experienced nose from the lift during your stay and for the inconvenience that this caused. We are currently trying to improve soundproofing in the hotel.

I have also taken on board your comments regarding the beds and lighting. We have replaced some of our beds recently and this has improved the sturdiness of the bed.

I was glad to see however that you found the bedroom immaculate and your comments have been shared with the Housekeeper that cleaned your room.

Your great feedback regarding Livingwell and the Restaurant including the Restaurant Manager was also a pleasure to read.

Once again thank you for your detailed feedback and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming your back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed for 2 nights recently for work. Nice friendly staff and Hotel in good condition. Upon arrival, I had seen someone get attacked very nearby (don't walk around there alone at night) and I was quite shaken, but the Receptionist who checked me in was lovely. Breakfast was the usual 4-star offering.
Unfortunately I had 2 spectacularly poor nights sleep. I spend around 4 nights a week away from home working, so I stay in an awful lot of hotels, including Hiltons, and never have any issues. I had a rock-hard bed remember waking up time after time with terrible back pain. As a result I spent two days in pain, trying to stunble through my work! I asked after the first night to be re-located and the Receptionist was very nice, and whilst she could not relocate me, she did offer to have the Housekeeping staff bring up a matress topper. Sadly this never arrived and I had a hot bath and some painkillers and made the best of it. A real shame for an otherwise good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website and I am glad to see that you found the staff members friendly and the hotel in good condition.

I am sorry however that you did find the beds uncomfortable and for the Housekeeping department that failed to bring you the mattress topper . We have just replaced all of our mattresses across the Hotel and have received many positive comments regarding them.

I was also sorry to hear that you witnessed an incident in Sheffield. Sheffield is one of the safest cities in the UK but like any large city it does unfortunately suffer from some crime.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed at the hilton in ocober 2011 for 1 night and had a very pleasant stay, the hotel is in a good location for the city centre. The room has all the facilities you need and was clean and tidy, the staff were helpful and freindly, we had breakfast at the hotel and this was very good. We had booked well in advance and only paid £55 which is excellent value for the hilton. Would recommend and would stay again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for your comments on this website.

It is always a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield and found the location good for the city centre.

I was also pleased to read that you found the bedroom clean and tidy and the staff helpful and friendly; your comments have been shared with the team.

Your feedback regarding the great breakfast has also been shared with the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager; thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Enjoyed a pleasant one night stay. Being a Gold HH card owner - there was no Executive room to make use of - so in return we were given drinks vouchers redeemable at the bar. Views of the canal are great - the hotel is well located, if not slightly 'cut-off' from the rest of the town centre by main roads.
A standard Hilton stay

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your night at the Hilton Sheffield and found the location overlooking the canal great.

I was also pleased to see that you enjoyed using the drinks vouchers as a Hilton Hhonors member.