“Picked this one for the nice spa facilities”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
preston, uk
“Picked this one for the nice spa facilities”
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Glad we chose the hilton. We were in sheffield for rock climbing and wanted somewhere to relax at night so we used the pool, steamroom and jacuzzi each night. The pool area was nice. I know there are adult only times but we didnt know when they were and the kids kinda do get in the way but thats life! Theres a blissful swim lane tho to compensate.

I was a bit dissappointed when we booked online that payment is requested in order to ask for a room with a nice view. A bit cheeky I thought! However, I requested one anyway, got one, but wasnt charged. Im presuming someone maybe forgot to add it to the bill.

The staff were great during our stay. Professional and welcoming. Makes a nice change to some places we have stayed in that insist on employing gobby school leavers!

Room was nice. May sound strange but I loved the shower curtain, I hate grubby plastic ones, this one was bright white material. Lovely! Frayed towels tho... didnt bother me but will bother some.

Thanks for a great stay, we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I booked this hotel for a birthday treat for my mum.
The hotel has a fabulous quayside location and also handy for shopping.
The leisure centre is also of a great standard so all round a good choice of hotel for location and facilities. Costs about £5 in a taxi from the railway station.
I would recommend a quayside view room.
The staff were welcoming and attentive and even provided a card, chocolate and bucks fizz as a birthday surprise which was a special touch,
I booked well in advance on a spring break special offer so received very good blue. The restaurant also had a good choice as dinner was included on the first night and great buffet breakfast.
All in all a very positive experience

• Stayed June 2012
doncaster
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Ive photographed at this hotel a few times now, and have spent some time there. its a very well run hotel, and very clean. the room was very tidy and presented lovely.
Parking is a pain, but its a city and cant be helped. very easy to get to off the m1. And lots near by. the gym looks good too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed this and previous stay’s at the Hilton Sheffield.

From the cleanliness of the bedroom to the gym; your great feedback has been shared with the team.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I got a very good rate that was on par with the Etap and a lot less than Premier Inns. I am Gold Hilton honours and got free parking, breakfast, early and late checkin/out and drinks vouchers. However I didn't get an upgraded room or even a view but c'est la vie. The room was very nice and spacious. However the towels were torn. There was no wifi we could connect to and the room didn't have a safe which I find quite a basic requirement for a business level hotel. It's just these small things that knock it down from rating it 5 stars. We would definitely stay again as it offers very good value for money compared to the alternatives.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank F1y_away
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website regarding your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I was glad to read that you received a very good rate and you also enjoyed the benefits of being a Gold Hilton Hhonors member. I am sorry however that you did not receive an upgrade on this occasion.

I would also like to apologise for the worn towels in the bedroom as this is unacceptable. Your comments have been shared with the Head Housekeeper in order for her to speak to her team.

We do have complimentary WIFI in the public areas and Gold Hilton Hhonors members do receive complimentary Internet access. I am sorry if this was not explained to you or if there was a connection problem at the time.

Our bedrooms unfortunately do not currently benefit from having in room safes. However we are soon implementing safes into the hotel rooms and safety deposit boxes are also available at reception complimentary for guests in the interim.

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Booked a deluxe room for my girlfriend and I on the Sunday over the Jubilee weekend. The room was good - it was not what the phrase "Hilton deluxe room" conjures up but we did not expect that for the price we paid. If anything it exceeded expectations, and we were able to check in a little early. The staff were attentive and helpful, and the pool was very good although it was very full of children at the time we used it. Unfortunately, the noise from the wedding disco in the function room reverberated all the way up to the third floor, making for a lousy night's sleep. A shame, as otherwise it was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linders83
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you found the room not as you expected but I was glad to see that this did not spoil your stay and you enjoyed benefiting from an early check in.

I was also glad to read that you found the staff members helpful and attentive.

Your comments regarding children in the pool have been noted however we do have certain times in the day for adults only.

I would also like to apologise for the noise from a wedding disco that was being held in the hotel. We will always try and allocate guests that are not attending the function on the highest floors available however this is not always possible when the hotel is full or certain room types have been booked. Once again my sincere apologies for any disruption that this caused.

I do hope that will not deter you from staying with the Hilton Sheffield again the future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Its only when you stay in another chain of hotel that you realise how lovely the Hilton really is, I was upgraded free of charge to a larger room with a sofa and the gym is so much nicer than most hotel gyms.... Great experience with friendly staff too ....

Room Tip: Ask if you can be upgraded FOC its worth try.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sheffield with the additional benefit of an upgraded room.

Your positive feedback regarding the gym and staff members have also been noted and shared with all departments.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel is not centrally located but it is only a 10 minute walk to the main areas of the city. I stayed overnight and the hotel room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was generous but not particularly new. The lock on the room door did not work but the evening staff managed to fix it.

Breakfast was good with a wide selection of hot dishes, omlettes cooked to order, fruit and yoghurts.

A good place to stay but make sure that you get a deal as it is more like an upmarket Travel Lodge rather than luxurious Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the canal
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank zippyfan
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was happy to read that you found the bedroom clean and spacious during your stay at the Hilton Sheffield. I would like to apologise however for the faulty lock on the bedroom door but I was glad to read that the staff members fixed this immediately for you.

I was also glad to read that you enjoyed the wide selection of food at breakfast and your great feedback has been shared with the team.

I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Sheffield again soon.