“Great place to stay in city centre”
Review of Hilton Sheffield

Hilton Sheffield
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in city centre”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed just one night at the Hilton whilst we attended 2 concerts at the Arena, we would have stayed 2 nights but it was fully booked. The hotel is 10 min walk from the tram stop and city centre. We parked outside the hotel which was £7 for 24 hours. The receptionist was very helpful giving us a map and marking out where the tram stop was, telling us what ticket was the best value. On a side point the tram was a brilliant way of getting in and out of the arena. Public transport at its best well staffed and well thought out and it worked. Back at the hotel, had a great night sleep and used the pool and sauna, again very helpful staff, before having a great breakfast, very good choice couldn't find any fault. We had a great walk round the city centre, nice museums and cathedral. Back at the hotel we had a relaxing drink in the bar which has a nice area outside overlooking the canal basin. Would be lovely in the summer. If we go to sheffield again we will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GorgeousGwyn
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel in an ideal location whilst in Sheffield for a concert.

I was also delighted to read that the reception staff were helpful and you also found all other areas of the hotel enjoyable.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Preston
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Just spent a weekend here and thought it was a really nice hotel. Staff were really friendly and breakfast was excellent. Did not eat here so cannot comment. Bought for £65 for the room as a flash sale on the Hilton site so excellent value

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor and I glad to see that you enjoyed your weekend away at the Hilton Sheffield.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed breakfast and found your reservation rate excellent value.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hull
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

From start to finish our visit to this hotel was poor. Upon arrival we were unsure where to park so I queued for some time in reception, however when I finally got to the front of the queue the receptionist went in her office and started chatting, leaving me to wait for someone else to become available! I was told where to park, however this car park was totally full so was told to park in a nearby multi-storey car park which was pitch black, a substantial walk away and more expensive! I complained about this as I am currently heavily pregnant and was not prepared to pay more for something that was not my fault, as did several other guests!

The room was dated and very basic and has not been well cleaned. The breakfast was actually lovely with a very friendly chef, however the table and chairs were filthy with the food from the previous occupants all over! overall very disappointing as this was bought for us as a wedding present and was not a cheap hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank k2tyn
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

I am sorry that the receptionist was unhelpful in informing you of where to park, followed by the hotels car park being full.

Car parking spaces are not usually a problem for the Hilton Sheffield however when the hotel is extremely busy we do advise guest’s to park in a privately owned multi story car park adjacent to the hotel; I am sorry for any inconvenience that this caused. The car park is well lit and the charge for 24 hours is also no more expensive than the hotel’s car park. I will however ask the Front Office Manager to address the way in which this was handled.

I am also sorry that you found the room dated and basic and cleanliness was poor. Your comments have been addressed with the Head Housekeeper.

I was glad to see however that you did find breakfast good and your comments regarding the dirty tables and chairs have been passed onto the Restaurant Manager.

I am sorry that your stay was marred in such a way and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Sheffield in the future.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Only came for lunch on an organized coach trip but how wonderful it was, the food was amazing for a set hot buffet style lunch, chicken pie, poached salmon or veg lasagne with either veg or salad and a choice of lush desserts, staff were friendly and helpful. Just wish our tour company had booked us in to stay too, well done all

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Hilton Sheffield for lunch and your great feedback has been shared with the team.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay at this hotel. Lovely staff, great rooms, good restaurants and the hotel facilities were very nice. Great pool for the kids If in Sheffield again, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Your great comments regarding the hotel and staff members have been noted and shared with the team.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We had a very pleasant stay. The room was large and had good facilities (although I can't really understand a TV that size not being HD!). There seemed to be a large group on our corridor who made a lot of noise, particularly when they got in, around 3am. In particular there were a couple who decided to have a very loud argument just outside our door - not really the hotel's problem, but it spoiled the overall experience...
The staff were really great - attentive and very friendly - the girl who served me at the bar in the evening asked me how the night had been the next day at breakfast and remembered what it was we were doing! Breakfast was good and parking cheap. Access to the city centre is easy and can be reached in under 10 minutes on foot. The bar was crazy expensive, but I guess that's par for the course with a city centre hotel.
Overall, I'd recommend - we had a deluxe room.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Sheffield and you found the staff members helpful and friendly.

I am sorry however that you did experience noise from other guests and for any discomfort that this caused. The Night team will always endeavour to deal with any noise complaints.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I had a cold shower. There was a problem hotel wide - nothing offered in compensation. I had to ask then was given 25% off the bill. Not good enough; I should have only bene charged my bar bill and breakfast. I will not be staying here on business again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
101HotelManager, Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am sorry that the hotel experienced an issue with the hot water during your stay and for the inconvenience that this caused. Unfortunately this was something beyond our control and we did all that we could to rectify the problem as soon as we were able.

I am sorry that you now feel you are unable to return back to the hotel however I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.